EVER CALM

Bow Addict

There's a new product on the market called Ever Calm.It supposedly is made up of scents taken from deer bedding areas.Has anyone heard of it or tried it?

New? Been around 10 years, lol.

Used it once back in 2008ish (maybe 07-09). Had a few does come in and literally sniffed the tree I rubbed it on. They were curious about it. Deer usually came into that area anyway, so I can't say that drew them in, but they knew it was there. I killed a smallish buck about 20 min later with the does still there as he came in to check them out.

There's no magic bullet.

Edited by phade

yea I've used it for several years.  I'm not huge on using all kinds of scents but I do use them sparingly.  ever calm in a stick is probably the most used.  like phade said it's not a magical.  I've found deer do seem to stay more calm.  I use it on the tree I'm in, in front of the stand to stop deer, and on boots when I need to cross trails to get to my stand set.  I think it helps but you still have to pay attention to the wind.

I bought it for my son and I this year.  I place it on a few trees around my stand and when I get up in my ladder stand, I place it above me and on the adjacent tree.  It's looks like a deodarant stick and smells like a bedding area pretty much.  I usually have deer spooked down wind, but they haven't so far using this stuff.  The owner of the local archery shop said he overstocked last year he thought and ended up selling out quickly and couldn't get anymore of it.  This year he said it's his best seller.

It's not really a gimmick, probably a little overpriced, but the amount I spend on hunting anyway, it's worth a shot.  I do my best at scent control during bow, not as much as my son, but I take the time to spray down, wash with scent free, yada yad, but I still see deer catch wind of me and trot away.  I wouldn't use too much of this stuff, just a little bit, specially if your going to be putting out some rutting scent further out.  And bring a plastic bag with you cause once you open it and use it, the odor kind of lingers for a while.

I tend not t,use such things. Last year I put it on a branch in front of one of my stands in a thicket,because like you I'd been hearing about it. Now you'll see deer almost everyday you sit in that stand,I saw 3 bucks the farm would let me shoot in the one time I sat there this year.

Last year with it out I had a spike walk up to it,smell it then lick it,other deer paid it no mind.

Pretty small sample size to tell,I'd use it again .

just picked some up myself.....probably the first the first deer scent I've bought in 25 years. The question I have, is how do they collect bedding scent?, all the other type scents have a pretty obvious source, but how do they separate bedding odors from the bedding material?

just picked some up myself.....probably the first the first deer scent I've bought in 25 years. The question I have, is how do they collect bedding scent?, all the other type scents have a pretty obvious source, but how do they separate bedding odors from the bedding material?

I think they grind it up bedding material and all. I read how this all came about. A farm hand on a deer farm. Mucked the stalls. Was running late for a night hunt and left his coveralls on. Had more deer down wind then ever before. Laying down wind and all. Voila. New product was born.

well, I had a chance to try this stuff out......I put it on a few trees around my stand and had multiple deer come in, I watched them checking the wind and it appeared they were picking up the scent of the Ever Calm.....usually when I see deer checking the wind, it's a sign that they've got my scent and are about to get out of town, this time they just went back to feeding and eventually passed by my stand. I'll definitely use this stuff again.

Im trying ever calm this year for the first time...hope it works well. I have watched their show. The Family Deer Farm in Mich. they seem to have a pretty good system in breeding raising and collecting scents. The VS-1 stick was around $50 so I only got the Ever Calm one. i just cant see spending that much money on deer vaginal juice lol. If i have good results with the Ever calm I might think about using the vs-1 next year. Right now I use WRC special golden estrous and I also like using mock scrapes with the dripper. Bringing in deer would be a bonus but I like using scents for the purpose of stopping a deer to get a shot. Since I dont have food plots to hold deer in front of me this is my only other option.

Picked some more up the other day,tonight I put it on some tore up branches over scrape.

Slow night couple does off a bit,last light some crashing in a couple spots,out comes buck chasing a doe a bit. She seems to go,off,he sticks around ,walks over to the branches starts to smell it then starts to rub it with top of head and antlers.

Then stands there broadside for a while. I was happy with that.

Edited by Larry302