Rifles in 2015 for Genesee County?

NYBuckHunter27

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Happy for you!!

Here is the press release...................

Press release:

State Senator Michael H. Ranzenhofer and Assemblyman Stephen Hawley have introduced special legislation, S.1292/A.4367, in the New York State Legislature to allow the use of rifles for big game hunting in Genesee County.

“In several areas of New York State, sportsmen are allowed to hunt deer with rifles and this change in law would allow the use of rifles in Genesee County,” Ranzenhofer said. “As the this year’s session progresses, Assemblyman Hawley and I will be working together to get this bill signed into law.”

Assemblyman Stephen Hawley is sponsoring the bill in the State Assembly.

“Hunting is very popular in Western New York, and this legislation is being requested on behalf of the Genesee County Legislature. I am pleased to address concerns of local governing bodies from my district and will work with members of the Assembly’s Environmental Conservation Committee to bring this bill to the floor for a vote,” Hawley said.

Last fall, the Genesee County Legislature and the Genesee County Federation of Sportsman Club requested the special legislation to be introduced at the beginning of the 2015 Legislative Session.

Existing environmental conservation law only authorizes the use of pistols, shotguns, crossbows, muzzle-loading firearms or long bows when hunting deer from the first Saturday after Nov. 15 through the first Sunday after Dec. 7.

The bill has been referred to the Standing Committee on Environmental Conservation in the Senate. If enacted into law, the bill would take effect immediately.

Happy for you!!

Here is the press release...................

Press release:

State Senator Michael H. Ranzenhofer and Assemblyman Stephen Hawley have introduced special legislation, S.1292/A.4367, in the New York State Legislature to allow the use of rifles for big game hunting in Genesee County.

“In several areas of New York State, sportsmen are allowed to hunt deer with rifles and this change in law would allow the use of rifles in Genesee County,” Ranzenhofer said. “As the this year’s session progresses, Assemblyman Hawley and I will be working together to get this bill signed into law.”

Assemblyman Stephen Hawley is sponsoring the bill in the State Assembly.

“Hunting is very popular in Western New York, and this legislation is being requested on behalf of the Genesee County Legislature. I am pleased to address concerns of local governing bodies from my district and will work with members of the Assembly’s Environmental Conservation Committee to bring this bill to the floor for a vote,” Hawley said.

Last fall, the Genesee County Legislature and the Genesee County Federation of Sportsman Club requested the special legislation to be introduced at the beginning of the 2015 Legislative Session.

Existing environmental conservation law only authorizes the use of pistols, shotguns, crossbows, muzzle-loading firearms or long bows when hunting deer from the first Saturday after Nov. 15 through the first Sunday after Dec. 7.

The bill has been referred to the Standing Committee on Environmental Conservation in the Senate. If enacted into law, the bill would take effect immediately.

whats your opinion? do you think the state could really care less? i figure if the county is willing to pass it the state will pretty much follow along...

whats your opinion? do you think the state could really care less? i figure if the county is willing to pass it the state will pretty much follow along...

I don't think I'd say the state could care less.........just that they are leaving things up to the counties discretion. 

They'd probably put up a BIG stink if somehow a rifle bill for Erie or Monroe counties showed up on their desk in Albany. :D

What is the rifle you're looking at?

I may have missed it, but has there been any county that has had a deer/rifle bill shot down once it was proposed? I know here in Ontario county we had a couple of false starts because of legislative screw-ups, but it was never in doubt that it would eventually go through. I think that as far as Genesee county has gotten things, kind of makes it a done-deal.

Yeah a few counties got it on the second try. I think they were proposed too late in the legislative session, hence why this one is going in early. Liv got it on the second try and I think wyoming too. Liv was at the county level though, just too late to get it to the legislature first time around. I think wyoming didnt make it the first time since it hit legislature the last week or so of the session.

Itll pass.

When I first saw your response I was using my Iphone and it looked like "I'll pass". 

I like "itll pass" better but the grammar/punctuation police will be all over it...............................................:)

Ill be the last to make a stink though................................. :D

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...