finally got it done

longislandhunter12

way to go.  you will think back later in life of that first one. MY first was 1970, now 32 bucks later...all of them you will think back on who you hunted with, the bow you used and how big there were...

when I think back my number 1 is not the biggest but just who I hunted with my best buddy Gerry, and I had used as a joke a soap that at that time they were selling that if used would make you smell like a deer, well I had purchased it for my buddy and he would no use. So at lunch time I took the bar of this soap and washed up and told all the guys now that my balls were super deer smelling,  I would take a buck. At 3 pm the first weekend in Nov, in light snow, a 6 point buck walked up to about just 10 yards away, I put him down and he ran less than another 10 yards....

• 8 months later...

obviously not a buck or even a brute of a doe but man was i excited to put down my first ever deer with the bow after a 2 years of hard hunting. finally got it done yesterday on the island with a 20 yard shot. This is what i found after about a 60 yard blood trail.

I've been reading some of the older posts, and I came across your thread. I hope nobody minds me bringing it back up. 

Just wanted to say congrats on your first with a bow. Looks like a nice doe to me.

• Like 1