New hunting seat

OK I have never ever been able to get comfortable enough to sit still for long periods.Unless I was in my summit or my millennium stand I was always sitting in something that lacked in one way shape or form.Once gun opens I like to be on the ground unless the area doesn't permit me a good shot.Either the seat is comfortable and is big heavy and bulky,or its lightweight and feels like your sitting on a torture devise after a hour and then I am moving.This year I bought a hammock seat from fanatic outdoors.It meets all the criteria. LIGHTWEIGHT--under 2 pounds.COMFORTABLE-- I sat in it for 8 hours Saturday and never felt like it wasn't comfortable enough to sleep in it!!! This seat lets you adjust so the seat is perfect for whoever uses it for hight.You can put it on any tree from around 4-5 inches across to way bigger than what your arms will go around.You can pivot for a better shot also is one of my favorite things.The only downsides I see to the seat are 2.#1 is the fabric is a little loud until you sit in it,once you are sitting its silent.Even getting in and out once its set its pretty quite.#2 you have to have a tree.Thats it.I feel its one of the best things I have bought in a long time and its not terribly expensive,not cheap but I spend more on a tank of gas to hunt one spot sometimes.Give it a look and f your close by and want to check it out let me know.VERY PLEASED!!!!

www.fanaticoutdoors.com

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Tried ordering one and they are out...delays at the manufacturer.  Customer service was nice and they are processing a refund (would have rather had the seat).  I will probably try again in the spring. 

I am curious as to how it folds up and what size it is when being transported.  

I have been looking for a light weight seat for still hunting deer. Lately my leg starts going numb after standing or walking for only about an hour. I need to sit and give my back a rest, this looks like the perfect seat, lightweight, packs small enough to put in my game bag. Too bad there are out of stock, I'm sure Santa would love to give me one!!

Tried ordering one and they are out...delays at the manufacturer.  Customer service was nice and they are processing a refund (would have rather had the seat).  I will probably try again in the spring. 

I am curious as to how it folds up and what size it is when being transported.  

I will take some pics and post them up tomorrow after I get home from hunting

I am going to have one of these! Looks comfy. I have the same problem ,. I cannot get as comfortable on the ground,no matter the seat or cushion, as I can in my stand....during firearm season I would rather be on the ground most times...

Just like right now.. I am sitting in my summit, and it is oh so comfy...Lol..but I can see more if I was sitting at the base of this tree

Used mine 5 or 6 times.

Extremely easy to carry.

Still working on how to keep it from become butt floss.

Steve,when you sit down pull the sides back and sit down into it.ALso play with how high you put the strap around the tree and the settings on how high to adjust the center pole.

At 3:00 in this video it shows exatly what MACHINIST is saying about pulling the sides back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bgkKMHqJ6c

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at these this year... Favorable reviews all over if u look for them.....

I have a bushman hammock chair from www.arrowhead-equipment.com i have it for backpacking and appropriated it for hunting this season. Worked good but needs 2trees limiting your options.

But this fanatic chair takes the cake I almost got one earlier in the season. And will get one for next year

• 11 months later...