Anyone Hunting Thursday?

DirtTime

Seeing I just got my wheels back, told the g/f I am hunting Turkey Day morning. Her reply was "Great, that's when you'll get a deer and miss dinner."

I don't have one issue missing a bird dinner in lue of having to skin and butcher a deer. LOL

Anyone else hunting the holiday?

• Like 2

I always do Thanksgiving morning. I consider it lucky. I have killed a few good bucks on Thanksgiving morning. Three years ago I sat until 11 and decided to take the long way back to my truck. About 1/4 of the way there I shot a big 9 as he and 2 other good bucks chased a doe, out of the thick crap and into the open area,  about 30yrds in front of me. Nothing but pure luck, but I'll take it.

Yes for sure its tradition for me!! Always deer hunt on Thanksgiving. It is almost like opening day all over again only better. Just something special about harvesting a deer on Thanksgiving. I am very thankful to able to hunt........ Here's a pic of my 2012 Thanksgiving morning buck. Not a trophy to most but it was a great hunt lots of activity in a perfect setting with perfect weather conditions. Truly a memorable one for sure!!post-659-0-87717900-1416707867_thumb.jpg 

post-659-0-36879200-1416707884_thumb.jpg

• Like 6