Screw in steps

faust1578

Apparently some of you havent gotten a speeding ticket in the past year! The fines are steep and with the new point system the state has implemented, it wont take very long if your caught before your license is gone.  But on that note I thought we are talking hunting not driving, I see no relevance in the two topics myself.  One makes some drivers look stupid the other makes hunters look stupid.  Sort of like this whole thread and the question at hand.  I got to be honest though the question was pretty damn funny, or maybe it was the thought that he was asking if he could afford to break the law or not.  As far as the screw in steps hurting trees, well Id have to say after 3 generations of drilling holes in the same maple trees every spring I think the tree will be okay, and if it dies it was going to die regardless cause it was diseased in some way shape or form. 

Really?

A speeding ticket will be stiff. But, a DWI, DWAI, DUI, will be stiffer.

Not to mention, you are not supposed to leave gear on state land over night. Or did that law go out the window as well?

This needs to be changed to "certain" state land like state parks.  You're legally allowed to leave tree stands on state forest land two weeks prior to the season and through the open season. 

This needs to be changed to "certain" state land like state parks.  You're legally allowed to leave tree stands on state forest land two weeks prior to the season and through the open season. 

So, what are those lands/forests? A list or link would prove a point. I didn't say parks. I didn't say preserves. Land. State land. LAND.

The OP did not say where he/she was.

I found this interesting. Its also illegal to cut, remove trees or plants on private land as well without permission.  Straight from DEC website.

On state lands, it is illegal to place nails or other hardware into trees, or to build permanent structures, such as tree stands, platforms and blinds. On private lands, it is illegal to cut or remove trees or other plants, or to cut limbs or damage bark (such as from putting up blinds or tree stands, or cutting shooting lanes or trails) without the landowner's permission.

Edited by wdswtr

So, what are those lands/forests? A list or link would prove a point. I didn't say parks. I didn't say preserves. Land. State land. LAND.

The OP did not say where he/she was.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/regs/4081.html

Scroll down to 190.8(w)(4).  

By the way, whatever has your panties in a knot and is causing you to feel like your hyper-aggressive response was necessary, address it on your own time.  I'm correcting misinformation that others may read and believe.  You said no stands on state land. You were wrong.  If that hurts your delicate ego, find a more constructive way to deal with it.  In the future, a simple, "huh, I didn't know that," or "sorry, I misspoke," will do just fine.  Happy Thanksgiving.   

http://www.dec.ny.gov/regs/4081.html

Scroll down to 190.8(w)(4).  

By the way, whatever has your panties in a knot and is causing you to feel like your hyper-aggressive response was necessary, address it on your own time.  I'm correcting misinformation that others may read and believe.  You said no stands on state land. You were wrong.  If that hurts your delicate ego, find a more constructive way to deal with it.  In the future, a simple, "huh, I didn't know that," or "sorry, I misspoke," will do just fine.  Happy Thanksgiving.   

What has my balls in a twist is that people regularly ask questions about braking the law, and the stupid help them break the law. Give them advice. "Sure do what ever you want! As long as you don't get caught....".

It's pathetic! If you don't get it, then YOU probably break the law as well.

Then you bitch about gun laws, the deer limit, and anything else you can. I am not holier then thou. But if hunters continue to condone breaking the laws, the right and that's what is is, a right, might be taken away. Then you will bitch more. But, it will be your fault! So grow up. See the big picture! Not just the three inches in front of your nose.

What has my balls in a twist is that people regularly ask questions about braking the law, and the stupid help them break the law. Give them advice. "Sure do what ever you want! As long as you don't get caught....".

Then you bitch about gun laws, the deer limit, and anything else you can. I am not holier then thou. But if hunters continue to condone breaking the laws, the right and that's what is is, a right, might be taken away. Then you will bitch more. But, it will be your fault! So grow up. See the big picture! Not just the three inches in front of your nose.

Regularly?

There's nothing interesting about that, it states without the landowners permission. I thought all of us with a lease were courteous enough to ask first...

that's right up there with "No Littering" signs.......it's hard to believe that people need to be told not to dump their garbage.

I corrected your misstatement of the law. That's what it was; what you said was wrong.  I'm not breaking the law, I'm following them as they are written.  Not following laws that don't exist is not poaching.

So anyway, I correct you so you're not giving out blatant misinformation, and from that you got that I break the law, bitch about gun laws and deer limits, and am personally responsible for the downfall of legal hunting as we know it? 

Dude, you're nuts!  I'm not sure what meds they have you on, but make sure you're taking them as instructed.  

Regularly?

Well, lets see..................

This one, the bullet proof vest, the "I would kill a deer after or before legal hunting hours" comments, and a few others.

Some even tell people to take a stand/steps down they think might be a trespasser, which would be theft. I could go on...But, I digress. You have to live in your world, not me....Then again... Actually, yes I do. I am a hunter, and condoning or accepting breaking the law will never help the cause. Crap like this reflects on every hunter whether you want to believe it or not. Denial is a disease!

There's nothing interesting about that, it states without the landowners permission. I thought all of us with a lease were courteous enough to ask first...

Why the hell do you think I thought it was interesting?  I found it interesting due to the point that its just common sense.

• Like 1