Thanksgiving at camp.

reeltime

loaded up yesterday and headed to camp. snowed all the way from rochester to camp in pa.

took a little time loading up this trip between all the thanksgiving supplies and some of my deer, fish and duck mounts we had my truck full and Judy's crossover full.

by this morning we had about an inch of snow on the ground which gave a nice winter background for the camp.

20141127_080009_zpsdtcb1v0c.jpg

20141127_080042_zpsdp1ztkeg.jpg

20141127_080127_zps4qgxx853.jpg

since mother nature decorated outside it was time for me to spruce up the inside.

20141127_123444_zpsvjwm2kut.jpg

these are in the stairway, notice the buck at the top of the picture has a double white throat patch, i had never seen one until I killed this buck last year.

20141127_123524_zpszzupfod3.jpg

20141127_123608_zpsoxpjrwjz.jpg

20141127_123628_zpspcpanh2q.jpg

20141127_123638_zpsysp5snzz.jpg

20141126_212104_zpslbhbdmhm.jpg

• Like 4

thanks all.

pygmy, we are over in western pa not quite to the 'burgh,,,, its funny you should mention mexicans as of late there have been a bunch of them running around here since they are doing the Marcellus gas studies.

belo,  there are not many places in the camp that some mount doesn't have an eye on ya ;)  i would imagine by the time we are done hauling mounts down here there will probably be no place that is not covered.

bkln,   we built the original camp in 2012, then broke ground on the addition the first week of may this year.  while i was here the last week of spring gobbler we got the basement floor and footers poured and the basement walls laid up and the basement capped. 

from there it was a fight with the weather till late june we had a break or should i say we were supposed to have a break according to the weather guru,,,,, I moved some charters and construction jobs around in NY and headed to camp with 3 days available. the first day I was here we got 5 inches of rain! BUT i had to keep going and although I could barely move at the end of 3 days we had it all framed up under roof and wrapped.  I had to get outa here by 8am the last day to be back in NY by1pm to bale hay so i started wrapping the house at 3 am. got that done and made it just in time to start baling hay.

from there it was a day here and there, a few days after we framed it I drove down one morning and put in all the windows and doors and then drove home that night.  and that was basically our summer.

there is still a lot to do, the first floor is basically done except for the trim work.  second floor will take some time still. the master bedroom is pretty far along  but the master bath is not even started yet.  we will just keep chipping away at it as time and money allows. 

Nice .... Need a Camp Caretaker by any chance ?

with 130 acres and horses there is ALWAYS work that needs done, especially with dad and his mile long list of things that need to be done. But i don't complain for 82 years old I am thankful he is still active and cherish every day I get to talk to him and help him around the farm.

• Like 1

another step closer with the master bedroom.... we got done working in the tractor shop this afternoon and Judy wanted to go for a ride to the carpet store.  doesn't look bad. now to get the chest of drawers and upper cabinets built so we can finish up the trim and get stuff moved upstairs. 

20141129_180326_zpsd00atobs.jpg

20141129_180346_zpszlfqswbo.jpg

Edited by reeltime