L.I. January Shotgun Hunt

Pav2704

I just got Otis Pike parking Spot #10 (Line Road) for Sunday January 4th 2015. If anyone has any tips or information about this particular area of Otis Pike I'd appreciate a heads up.

Also If my cousin from Staten Island cancels out on me I could add a hunter to my reservation.

Thanks All!

The DEC has extended the firearms season in Suffolk by making opening day a Sunday and including weekends as well until the end of January.

Edited by EspressoBuzz

• 3 weeks later...

add 5 to that list for 6 of us. Should be great. My brother and hid daughter were out yesterday I want to say spot 45 on Middle Country road. They saw plenty of sign. His daughter saw a doe and my brother saw a nice 8 pt very dark rack. Both deer were in thick stuff leading to no shot.

Spot 2 is on the opposite side of the road.

Correct and actually we have the other spots on that side also. A friend of ours put in for spot 5. So now 7 of us will be hunting that area. Going to be cold but sunny out. Just about ready to head over to my brothers house. I report back in tonight.