Crow Hunting

martin

Pretty good day crow hunting. Got 4 for sure's and 3 wounded. They went down in woods. Tried to find them to no avail. Hit a nice mother load of Flyways today. Sometimes there were to many at once. I could of shot more but wanted to be careful and take a good shot. Also got surprised a few times when I wasn't paying attention.

• Like 1

Decoys? Electric caller? I can't them things worth a lick,lol.  But can smash clay birds all day long. They seem to dodge when they get shot at. I know pattern is passed by them by then but fun to see. 

I still shoot the scout crow when others say not too. They'll send more lol

Edited by turkeyfeathers

Decoys, electric callers and I also due mouth calls. Set 1 - 2 decoys in tree's or bushes as high as you can go. Place other ones on ground. He is the biggy, go to McDonald's and get a few fries and throw the fries out but keep the container. Throw them next to the decoy's. You can also use hamburger wrappers. I like to be silent when they come in. If there away, then I turn on the caller. Do not worry about the scout. I like to hide in tree lines and find shooting lanes. They cannot see u as well. Ur only going to get a shot or 2 off anyways. Might as well enjoy it. One last item, watch the skies around 3:30-4pm and see which way they are flying to there roost. They will most likely fly the same way to there eating grounds. Take your time shooting, try not to educate them to much. Good luck and keep me posted. 

Crow shooting...Brings back fond memories... I used to do a LOT of it... It is great wingshooting fun and one of the few sports where it is possible to burn up a couple of boxes of shells actually shooting at game. I credit crow shooting for the fact that I became a relatively proficient wingshot in my younger years.

There was a time, years ago, when along with a partner or two, I spent nearly all of my spare time in March and September hunting crows.

I don't shoot anything that I don't eat anymore (except coyotes)...

I feed the crows table scraps in my backyard..LOL...

Still, I can't think of many things a person could do with his clothes on that would be much more fun than a good crow shoot !!

Edited by Pygmy