Basic CVA wolf.....?

zeus1gdsm

I'm shooting sub-2 inch groups on the first 3 shots easily out to 100 yards and it got me my first deer. It is an awesome gun at its price point. On thing is the stock feels like cheap plastic but at that price, you can't ask for much. It still gets the job done.

My question is, why is it in the turkey hunting forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same results here 2" groups at 100 yards my stock also felt sloppy I had the gun for 6 years or so and was very pleased with it I had a weld break on the gun this year I notified cva and 9 or 10 days later I had a new muzzle loader in my hands and they upgraded me to the quick release breach plug and the stock feels better

the cva is well worth the money and then some

I didn't like mine. I also didn't play with different bullets or powders. My brother borrowed and was getting the same results as the others have stated. He also took a button buck with it at 110 yards with open sites so he's happy with it. I like the feel of the gun just couldn't get good results with it

Well looks like tapatalk decided to post this in the turkey forum... My bad.. Nowonder I couldn't find it to check it in the ml forum... Lol...

Ended up grabbing the last one... Got it home and the front fiberoptic was missing.... Calling CVA Monday... Worst case new front and rear goes for 20$ or so on amazon...

Love the stainless finish... Thinking of throwing my 1x4 Bushnell on it

I'm shooting sub-2 inch groups on the first 3 shots easily out to 100 yards and it got me my first deer. It is an awesome gun at its price point. On thing is the stock feels like cheap plastic but at that price, you can't ask for much. It still gets the job done.

My question is, why is it in the turkey hunting forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the same gun this year... what type of ammo are you using with it?

I think it will definitely get you by especially if your only ussing it for the late season. I had a wolf I liked it, took a nice doe with it. I did upgrade to the cva accura v2 and its a dream. I like to use my muzzleloader during regular season, so I treated myself to the upgrade. The wolf will do what you need it to do, and at that price its a simple decision.

Yeah im glad I grabbed it. I wa sout xmas shopping with the wife and did my usual stroll through hunting/camping and there it was.  hemmed and hawed for a minute and she came roudn the corner with a cart 2x the size of when i left and I walked away.

Ont he way out the door iwas googling buds and gunbroker for price comparison and started telling ehr what a good deal it was. She matter of factly says why didnt you get it?

SO i stewed on the way home and read reviews here and other places... onc ehome i did the couple chores i had and called the walmart cloe to my hosue to see if they ahd any for the same price... guy came back with 208$...  So i decided to shoto out to the fartehr walmart and grab it....  pulling out of my driveway i made a snap decision to try ym local walmart ( thatd id called)  so see if I could purchase there and have it transferred to the lcoser walmart for pick up later in the week.

Once int he store there were no ML to be seen...  So i asked a guy if the store transfer was possible... he deferred to ana ssitant manger.  He advised me the ML's wer ein abck due to a broken display case.   I agve him the deets and went to look.

He came back with it in hand ss i immediately asked him if he woudl rice match if it came up different. he said hed think about it lol...  Luckily it rang up clearance price an dout the door i went.

Saved prolly 2.5 hours out of my saturday by chancing the closer store.

even with the broken sight I am very happy.  now i need some butter, bullets, primers and powder....

Any recomendations of supplies or other things I'll need for my new ML? I ahve a sling and I am debating throwing my bushie 1x4 on it.  But i just love fiberoptic sights so.

Used my buddies this season and aside from accidently breaking it open while walking I loved this little ml.

Local Walmart has them clearance for 169....

Buddy has had good luck with his....

Anyone have complaints? Or is it a decent ml to get me through several seasons?

I don't know the difference in models but I love my optima. I think it's cheaper as well. Dad won it at a gun show. I'm 3 for 3 with it. and yes I also broke it open while walking through the woods haha. I shoot TC shockwaves and pellets.

From a couple of posts do I get the idea that this gun is prone to breaking open while carrying it..??..

That would be a show stopper for this Old Country Boy..

You know what Mr. MURPHY had to say about such things ..Tsk, Tsk...

the break open is on the trigger guard. You have to be pretty clumsy to hit it on something. In my case I don't think I latched it properly when putting the primer in. It is a downfall for sure, but it is a budget gun.