de Blasio memo to cops shows they're infuriated

By RYAN GORMAN

The assassination of two NYPD officers in broad daylight has revealed a major fissure between the department and the mayor's office.

NYPD officers have been directed to arrest people only if "absolutely necessary" as cops adjust to working in a "wartime police department," according to a police union memo obtained by AOL News.

"Absolutely NO law enforcement action in the form of arrests and or summonses is to be taken unless absolutely necessary and unless an individual must be placed under arrest," the note stresses.

The memo came Saturday evening following the shooting deaths of officers Wenjin Liu and Raphael Romero.

A veteran NYPD officer told AOL News: "Cops are not gonna give a s**t anymore.

"The mayor is a wolf in sheep's clothing and his poor choice of words, along with other officials and activists, helped perpetuate this senseless killing."

The PBA memo also claimed that New York Mayor Bill de Blasio's "hands are literally dripping with blood because of his words, actions and policies."

P.S.  As far as I'm concerned, Cuomo has done nothing to prevent hatred of cops either.

Edited by Mr VJP

IMHO the president and his AG seized on the ferguson tragedy to rally his base for the midterms and the Staten Island tragedy was also jumped on despite the fact that neither were racial based, especially the Staten Island case. But as we have learned the truth means nothing to the president and his minions. I believe they chose this path because they knew the public was waking up to their lies and empty promises. This was reflected in the midterm results including losing support of minorities. In the Eric Gartner case in SI there were four or five cops arresting that man and one black female sergeant supervising. Why was only one cop brought before the grand jury. I think they all should have been investigated especially the sergeant who was in charge and present. You can bet if it was a white male he would have been thrown under the bus. I am pro cop but when they make a mistake they need to be held accountable.

So now we have two dead cops after Al Sharpton held demonstrations chanting What do we want? Dead cops. When do we want it? Now. I know he is a frequent and honored visitor at the White House with direct contact with the president, likewise Mayor big bird. So now the question is How can anyone vote Democrat when this is the result of their scheming in a failed attempt to keep power after failing their base?

• Like 2

Another link:

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/nypd-union-wartime-dept/2014/12/20/id/614270/

Many of the comments are completely off-the-wall, but it's basically a good news source.

Seems that some folks are going to get exactly what they've been marching, protesting, agitating, and asking for in the last few months. I can't imagine they'll want what they're going to get.

To my HNY friends from that area: be careful, be safe, and I wish you the best.

I have a couple of very close friends on the NYPD and rumor has it many of the veteran cops have just decided to "retire on duty" at this point.  Without concealed carry in NYC, it would be smart to just stay out of there from now on.

The PBA knows if the police back off and let things take their expected course, the city will devolve into the hell it normally would be without LEO's controlling it.  They want it to be de Blasio's problem to fix, but a lot of good people are going to be the victims of it if it happens.

I hope the police make their point by threatening to do it, rather than actually doing it.  But that will be up to the elected hacks in NYC to decide.

Agreed, in every way. This is absolutely about politics, and it's a shameful display no matter how one chooses to look at it. The victims will be the citizens and LEO's who actually respect and care about each other. FWIW, that's the majority of both groups.

It's really quite an amazing display of the worst that American politics has to offer. We're supposed to be better than this.