Dick's

Lawdwaz

Earlier today I was at the Galleria Mall in the continuing search for Christmas gifts for my wife (ALMOST fruitless) and in a strange twist I ended up in Dick's.

Then I ended up in the hunting/guns area.......(I swear it's like something/ somebody took over my body, I couldn't control it).

There, lo and behold are .22 shells!  Wow, the Holy Grail!!

1400ct Remington .22's bucket for $69.99

I made a mental note for you guys & gals here and then turned and left.  I was NOT there for .22 shells, not at any price.  I was there to shop for my sweetie...........................

So there you have it, hit Dick's up for your bucket of bullets.

You're welcome. :)

• Like 2

I no longer shop at Dicks. I am fed up with them not having advertised items or when they do, they do not have the quantity I want.

I told the manager of the Wilton Mall Dicks that I would not shop there any more after he was not willing to pull some flats of trap loads from other stores.

You guys are a bunch of thankless SOB's.  JHC, I'm pointing out .22 ammo that has been damn near impossible to find and all you do is dig it down?

They had probably 50 buckets sitting there THEN.  Sorry if it wasn't there the the day before......I'll try harder next time.

Dirty ammo?  OK, what did you buy in place of it?

After sales tax is applied, that's about 5 1/2 cents a shot.

I'm glad I stocked up with a lifetime supply of .22's years ago.

You stocked up years ago huh? "Aren't you the Man Who See's The Future",  I hope while you were stocking up on .22 ammo you were buying Apple stock at $4.57/share 10 years ago or maybe it was McDonald's 40 years ago?

That price ($69.99 for 1400ct bucket) works out to $25 a brick plus tax.  Please let me and the rest of the folks here know where to get it for a similar price today?

• Like 2

You stocked up years ago huh? "Aren't you the Man Who See's The Future",  I hope while you were stocking up on .22 ammo you were buying Apple stock at $4.57/share 10 years ago or maybe it was McDonald's 40 years ago?

I actually stocked up on all the ammo I needed years ago when I had every rifle and shotgun I'd ever need.  Why buy more firearms when ammo is what you need?  I haven't bought a round of ammo, especially in NY, in 3 years.  I do buy reloading supplies though.

BTW, knowing what was going to happen when Obama got elected, I invested $50K in Sturm, Ruger Co. stock ( symbol RGR on the Nasdaq ) when it was selling for $10 about 6 years ago.  I sold it when it hit $80 about a year ago.  Can you do the math on that one?  Too late for anyone now, because it's back down to $35.

Look it up if you think I'm lying.

Almost forgot, check out gunbroker.com where you will find quantity sales of good (Winchester, etc.) .22LR for .03 per round.

Edited by Mr VJP

I agree with lawdwaz, thanks for the heads up. Dicks in the capitol region is the only place to carry bricks for 25 buck's or so or that bucket for 69 bucks. Who cares if its dirty, you need to clean it anyways.

It's sad to see gun broker and on line store's selling it for top dollars.it's actually a shame sportsman are gauging sportsman.

BTW, knowing what was going to happen when Obama got elected, I invested $50K in Sturm, Ruger Co. stock ( symbol RGR on the Nasdaq ) when it was selling for $10 about 6 years ago.  I sold it when it hit $80 about a year ago.  Can you do the math on that one?  Too late for anyone now, because it's back down to $35.

Look it up if you think I'm lying.

Beautiful.....That is some stock picking, you ended up buying at JUST the right time and selling near the top.  You couldn't make that up if you tried.........................or could you??

BTW, could you hang some links to those Gunbroker .22 ads please?  It might be appreciated by those that didn't stock up years ago.  thanks.....

Now why would I bother to do that for a guy that doesn't show me any respect?

BTW, I never said .05 per round is a bad price these days.  I said I stocked up when it was a lot less.  That is also true of the .223, .308, .7mm-08, .30-30, .30-06, 325 WSM, .35 Rem, .375 H&H and all the shot shell ammo I purchased years ago.  Even eight years ago rumors were swirling about ammo prices going up.  In all the years, I've never seen it go down, so it made sense to buy it then.

I have plenty of friends that did the same, and they'll probably die before they can shoot it all.  But guess who their widow will call when she wants to get rid of it?

You guys are a bunch of thankless SOB's.  JHC, I'm pointing out .22 ammo that has been damn near impossible to find and all you do is dig it down?

They had probably 50 buckets sitting there THEN.  Sorry if it wasn't there the the day before......I'll try harder next time.

Dirty ammo?  OK, what did you buy in place of it?

That price ($69.99 for 1400ct bucket) works out to $25 a brick plus tax.  Please let me and the rest of the folks here know where to get it for a similar price today?

I appreciate that you let us know about the 22's. I just don't shop at Dicks because they did not have TRAP loads when they advertised them during the fall. If I found 22's in another store I probably would have bought a bucket or two to add to the ones I bought in Maine last year. I have shot Remington's in my autoloader for years and did not have any problems.

• Like 1

BTW, I never said .05 per round is a bad price these days.  I said I stocked up when it was a lot less.  That is also true of the .223, .308, .7mm-08, .30-30, .30-06, 325 WSM, .35 Rem, .375 H&H and all the shot shell ammo I purchased years ago.

With all that factory loaded ammo what do chambering do you reload for? 

I bet your saving the factory ammo for a real uprising?  LOL.......................