My first

Paula

Just wait until you get a little snow on the ground, that's when it gets really good!

Sadly I haven't done it in many, many years though.  As a youngster I did it all the time in the Finger Lakes, we never killed THAT many but we sure did OK.  Good times........

Congrats!!

Hunting with beagles is rewarding even if you don't get any bunnies.

Did the dog bring it around?

I just know the rabbit came full circle and I was ready.

I don't allways go for the hunting but got him. Like hound says it's never gets old hearing.

I have taken him to a beagle club and sometimes there are 10dogs singing at once, love it. Can't shoot the rabbits there

Paula you are now officially hooked to rabbit hunting.  I did a lot of rabbit hunting as a younger man and it's still my favorite hunt.  Walking out of the woods the last Sunday of ML season I spotted a rabbit sitting tight underneath a bush and I just stopped and watched for a few minutes.  Man did t it bring back a lot of memories...

Congrats!!

• Like 1

Did a lot of rabbit hunting in my younger days also. We had 3 of our own beagles & sometimes had 5 running at once when friends brought their dogs along, had rabbits running everywhere, lots of rabbits & fun! My personal best season was 57 bunnies. Sure do miss that fun & could listen to those dogs all day long.

Edited by hunter49

I alwyas had my best luck on COLD sunny mornings. The colder the better. The bunnies will stay above ground to soak up the sun. Look on South facing edges like the north edge of a power line or similar openings..

I had Beagles when I moved here, but cottontaisl are scarce. I cn't eat snowshoes, YUCK!

• Like 1