Pulled venison

Big Indian

I substituted a venison roast for the pork. Tonights dinner. This is delicious. Enjoy ,I highly recommend it.

• 2 to 3 pounds pork roast
  • 1 cup diced onion
  • 2 Tablespoon minced garlic
  • ¼ cup honey
  • ½ cup ketchup
  • ½ cup soy sauce
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
  • 15 ounce can crushed pineapple
  • ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
After cooked

• 3 Tablespoon cornstarch
  • ¼ cup cold water
Instructions

1. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and place roast in the bottom. In a small bowl combine diced onion, garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame seeds, pineapple and red pepper flakes. Mix well and pour over the roast.
  2. Cook on LOW for about eight hours until pork is completely cooked through.
  3. Remove roast and place in a large bowl. Mix cornstarch and water together in a small bowl and slowly pour into the liquid remaining in the slow cooker. Stir until it is well incorporated and cover with the lid.
  4. With two forks pull the pork until it is all shredded. Return meat to the slow cooker and stir in with the sauce. You can serve this over rice or in a sandwhich with a slice of grilled pineapple.

I'd invite you over but you're a bit far

FEDEX................................. :)

A few years ago I did the most rudimentary of pulled/BBQ venison you could do.  I put a big hunk of venison in the crockpot and drowned it in Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and let 'er simmer on low for the day.  Good golly it was dynamite!!

A side of coleslaw and a good cold beer and I had arrived in Fat City. :)

Yep good recipe you have there...I'd send it to camp and have done some for fishing trip for the guys...one of my favorites...

Finally got Mr B to try venison again the other nite....steaks sauteed in garlic ...nice and tender....He is now willing to try it every other week... That round of Gout he had a few years ago scared the bagee gee's out of him....lol