How's The Storm Treating You???????????????

Lawdwaz

How is it going out on the Island and other downstate locales?  

I was just watching the 10:00 news and they showed the radar in your area now, whew it looks like its coming down pretty good.

The dog and I just got back from a walk around the block and its kind of nice out (in a strange way!) around here.  2" of new snow and its still falling.  Light winds and 16* temps..........the funny thing is with the new snow there is more traction on the sidewalks than last night.  Nice night.........

Hopefully you guys downstate don't loose power like they said could happen, 2-3' of snow is one thing but no juice is a whole different kettle of fish. :(

Travel ban in effect for all boroughs and long island. Just finished watching sons of liberty and loaded my stove. Time to hit the sack. Not looking forward to spending the day snow blowing myself and my neighors out tomorrow :( but I guess I don't have much of a choice.

Looks no work for me tomorrow, won't even have to work from home. Transportation shut down as of 11pm. Where I live in westchester says:

20 TO 30 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS

2 TO 4 INCHES PER HOUR OVERNIGHT INTO

TUESDAY MORNING

NORTH 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 55 MPH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

The so called "blizzard" has turned out to be a bust.  Hardly any real accumulation anywhere they said we would get clobbered.

Seems to me these news people and weather people like to stir up panic at minor events these days.

Sometimes, these weather systems are hard to predict. Can be pretty isolated event.

This winter tends to be, so far at least, moisture starved systems and a whole lot of cold.  What the weather people call cold core storms.

I get a laugh from the different ways the weather people describe the snow in their broadcasts......"crippling, pounded,devastating, unrelenting, blinding etc. etc. etc." Helps to spread the paranoia.

Paranoia no, i think most people with some type of intellect take these news casts with a grain of salt but get prepared for the worst case scenario..crippling, unrelenting etc...are all good words to describe whats going on in Suffolk county right now, as one member posted "28 inches and still snowing". That's pretty significant in my book!