Looks like the deep....

growalot

Freeze starts up again....may your pipes not freeze, your electric stays on, and your battery doesn't die. Stay warm and enjoy the week end.

dead battery you say? no way....the other night before the blizzard hit us, I backed all the cars in the driveway....4x4 all the way in front.....went out at 4 a.m. to shovel to keep up with the storm and decided to start the cars and clean them off....guess which one was dead?.......luckily it turned out to be a corroded terminal on the trucks negative side, still no fun at 4 a.m. in 30 mile an hour winds with snow coming down sideways.

• Like 1

OK .... I GIVE!!!! Enough already. I'm getting too old for this crap. Maybe it's time to act my age and go south....lol. Man! Cabin fever is setting in early this year. This is not the coldest and snowiest year that I have ever endured by a long shot, but it seems to getting harder and harder to deal with every year.

• Like 1

Don't mind the cold as much as that wind. It's been blowing since October 1 st.

Yeah, what's up with that? It can take a couple of inches of new snow and turn it into white-outs and drifts across the road. Not to mention the wind-chill effect when you're trying to do something outdoors.

Looks like we are due to get another 6" on top of yesterday's 4".

I took the Gator out yesterday and the snow in the woods was over half way up the tires...That will probably be my last run...but man! She did fine in that deep snow.

I agree the winds this entire season have just been the worst...I love it in the summer....but being flash frozen every time I walk out the door is no fun.

Been cleaning up the woods of all the windfall when the days are decent. The wood cuts great and the chainsaws run cool.  Only good thing about the cold.  Grow, we had about 4" in the woods on the level till Thursday evening.  Had to plow the lane way to get there though. Sounds like you're sure enjoying that machine.

Let me tell ya...getting down to those chickens everyday has been a beeze with it....especially when I have to reload their "trash can" with another 100#'s of feed...use to drag everything down on a sled...Though...

Thank Heavens Mr B. knows me well...for backing up down there, it was mighty slick and I hit a good sized tree hard...So the praying began " Oh dear Lord don't let it be the tail light"...LOL those extra heavy duty bumpers he ordered did the trick!  Not even a scratch on them...though I may have shook a tooth or two loose...hahaha :girlwink:

• Like 1

Let me tell ya...getting down to those chickens everyday has been a beeze with it....especially when I have to reload their "trash can" with another 100#'s of feed...use to drag everything down on a sled...Though...

Thank Heavens Mr B. knows me l...for backing up down there, it was mighty slick and I hit a good sized tree hard...So the praying began " Oh dear Lord don't let it be the tail light"...LOL those extra heavy duty bumpers he ordered did the trick!  Not even a scratch on them...though I may have shook a tooth or two loose...hahaha :girlwink:

[/quote

Oh what I'd give for one of those buggies now, LOL. Be a lot handier in the woods. Would have bought one back in 07 when I was still selling new tractors, but the company was dragging their feet on release date. Looked at the Kubota RTV., which a lot of hay buyers owned. Just couldn't see outlay. Ended up buying two new running gears, built the racks, multi purpose.

We just cleared all roofs...had a foot with a layer of ice on the porch and 1/2 foot on the equipement canvas barn plus the boat...all clear and ready for the stuff coming down now...all critters have been given another bale of straw...though we lost our rooster last night..he didn't look well yesterday...the hens I think were partly to blame...He was eating and drinking though when I left them their warm water and kitchen goodies...poor guy...Hens  actually looked sorta happy...hhhmmm

Everyone drive careful tonight...we were invited but declined a party...I believe the sniffly store clerk and customer behind me coughing up a lung Friday...got me...intestinal disruption :huh:  light head ache and woke us both up at 3a.m. coughing...no need to get others sick..Think achy as well but not sure...the gym has me that way most of the time ;) ...lol