Citizens Firearms ARE Being Taken In NY! Believe It!

Neighbors can call the cops when they hear you yelling.  I'm amazed by NY gun owners who always think taking away someone's guns was justified, instead of part of a political agenda.

I guess that's why NY has the unconstitutional gun laws it has.

Forgot to point out - if there is more to it, why has it been a year with absolutely no charges filed?

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 2

Why is it relevant that he is a firefighter or disabled, unless the disability is mental?

Calling the police suggests that someone thought violence may happen.

What if the police did not take the guns and gun violence happened after the police left?

As stated there is much more to this story, I tried searching for it and the only hits i could find were all pro gun sites, I'm sure you'll find a conspiracy in that too, but it makes me wonder. How can you wonder how many gun confiscations did not make it into the news when every pro gun and 2nd amendment site is like a raw nerve ready to report each and every incident?

Once again the sky is not falling....

There is more to this story for sure......I know for a fact if police are called to a home and there are any signs of domestic violence all guns well be taken...And I mean all guns working or not old and new....they all go....I have a buddy in who lived in NJ and his ex wife call the police they took his shotguns and pellet guns took awhile before he got them back....

Why is it relevant that he is a firefighter or disabled

They are just pointing out the man is honorable.

Calling the police suggests that someone thought violence may happen.

What if the police did not take the guns and gun violence happened after the police left?

So if your neighbor hates guns and thinks owning them means violence may happen, the cops should take all of your firearms?

How can you wonder how many gun confiscations did not make it into the news when every pro gun and 2nd amendment site is like a raw nerve ready to report each and every incident?

These incidents aren't usually made public until they get on the radar because of a lawsuit.  That's how we know about this one.

Once again the sky is not falling....

No, but citizens of NY ARE having their firearms confiscated.

I'll bet this citizen wished NY gun owners supported him.

Police Dept's have been removing firearms from residences for many years, this is far from something new..........unfortunately, we don't have the full story on any of this....does it state who called? if so, I missed it......maybe the adult son who still lives at home has some type of addiction or mental disorder that prompted this, who else get's into an argument over a frigging washing machine to the point that someone has to call the police?.........or maybe dad has some of those issues........maybe someone made a suicidal statement, we don't know, all possible reasons to remove the guns, but they certainly wouldn't result in any criminal charges.......

Edited by jjb4900

Can we vote to limit vjp's new threads per day?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is why NY gun laws are as bad as they are.  Many NY gun owners just don't think they are bad, don't care about them, or are just oblivious to the encroachment.  Carry on.

Besides, nobody makes you read any of them.  Why would you want to prevent equality of forum use because you disagree with the opinions of another member?  That equality thing seems to be a problem with some residents of NY as well.

• Like 6

Police Dept's have been removing firearms from residences for many years, this is far from something new..........unfortunately, we don't have the full story on any of this....does it state who called? if so, I missed it......maybe the adult son who still lives at home has some type of addiction or mental disorder that prompted this, who else get's into an argument over a frigging washing machine to the point that someone has to call the police?.........or maybe dad has some of those issues........maybe someone made a suicidal statement, we don't know, all possible reasons to remove the guns, but they certainly wouldn't result in any criminal charges.......

But those things would've all been resolved without having to file a lawsuit against the County.  There is more to this story, but it's more about illegal confiscation of firearms.

But those things would've all been resolved without having to file a lawsuit against the County.  There is more to this story, but it's more about illegal confiscation of firearms.

although it didn't specify, I was just thinking they may have revoked his pistol license......if that's the case, doesn't the SAFE Act call for the surrendering of all guns?........just a thought and a possibility, regardless of right or wrong.

although it didn't specify, I was just thinking they may have revoked his pistol license......if that's the case, doesn't the SAFE Act call for the surrendering of all guns?........just a thought and a possibility, regardless of right or wrong.

Exactly!  That is one of the most dangerous parts of the SAFE Act.  Revoking the pistol permit can be done for NO reason, and all of your 2nd Amendment rights are taken with it.  That's one of the reasons NY residents, and I mean ALL NY residents, should be so adamant about having the SAFE Act repealed.  Rights should not be so easily removed from anyone!

And if they do take all of your firearms for whatever reason, what legal recourse do you have to get them returned?  if there is No legal method of recourse, that is clearly a violation of many constitutional rights.

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 1

Very few??  I'm not surprised you would say that.  That statement was made in the article to stop naysayers from asking if he was some type of criminal or undesirable.  

This man was disabled on 9/11/01 at the WTC.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  Unless proven otherwise, you should too.

Do you smell what your shoveling when you say that being a firefighter and disabled makes you honorable? That is total bullshit, I know lots of firemen and while i am glad they risk their lives for life and property there are very few i would call honorable.

is there a point to attacking firefighters as a group?

• Like 1

see, now you're catching on to the whole "there has to be more to the story" thing.........

Or maybe the story is exactly the way it was written. Why do we automatically assume that if a confiscation took place, it must have had some level of justification. That is like a juror being asked the question, "Can the fact that the police made an arrest keep you from rendering an impartial decision in this case?" That question is frequently asked for the very reason that often perspective jurors do believe that an arrest indicates wrong doing by those arrested. I find that same mentality is prevalent among a lot of people. I generally side with law enforcement, but never say or even suspect that they are infallible, especially when it comes to the enforcement of a brand new law that few really understand the details and legal assumptions involved.

• Like 1

This is why NY gun laws are as bad as they are. Many NY gun owners just don't think they are bad, don't care about them, or are just oblivious to the encroachment. Carry on.

Besides, nobody makes you read any of them. Why would you want to prevent equality of forum use because you disagree with the opinions of another member? That equality thing seems to be a problem with some residents of NY as well.

We've been over this before. They clutter the feed and the hot threads. I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I vote and I donate. Don't accuse me of being NY's problem. You're just preaching to the choir here. I don't know why you're so blind, but one of the biggest cities in the world is part of NY. They are not progun and they do not care. You cannot win this war. The best you can do is move and take your tax dollars elsewhere.

Can we vote to limit vjp's new threads per day?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are free to vote on anything that you feel you must, but keep in mind that this forum is not a democracy. Be careful what you ask for. You too might find yourself on the other end of that kind of vote.

• Like 2