New Lever Gun

NYBuckHunter27

great looking gun, can we ask what the price tag is ????? I looke dna d liked the less than 7 lb weight, plus 30 - 30 is just about right for deer. I have two rifle, 1 is a old 303 British Enfield, about 11 lbs, the other is a 308 Remington  742 model semi woodmaster is about the same for weight 10.5 lbs.

This being a Davidsons exclusive i had to order it off of gunbroker.com and have it shipped in from OH, i literally couldn't find this model in NYS. So in total i paid $489.00 that's without FFL transfer,but the regular walnut/wood models can be commonly found.

Edited by NYBuckHunter27

Nice looking rig.  Two of my hunting buddies use the Leverevelution ammo. One shoots a 30-30 and the other shoots a 35 Rem. They swear by it.  They say that they definitely get better range and accuracy out of their rifles. Good luck..

• Like 1

Why did you decide to get the Mossberg instead of a Marlin 336?

Basically price and some research has shown that the new marlins which are made by/from Remington are defiantly not up to the old standards of classic marlin lever guns, i have always had mossberg guns both rilfes and shotguns, i've never had any issues, i know they are a "middle of the road"  quality of gun but for what i'm going to hopefully use the gun for i don't need anything super fancy. I specifically like this model by mossberg, time will tell about the 16inch barrel, i know that having a short gun overall is nice in so many ways especially when it comes to hunting.

You got to let us know how it turns out. I have been looking at that gun and the Marlin 336 for a while. The quality issues with Marlins scared me off from getting a 336. I have not seen enough guys using the Mossberg to get a feel for it either.

Basically price and some research has shown that the new marlins which are made by/from Remington are defiantly not up to the old standards of classic marlin lever guns, i have always had mossberg guns both rilfes and shotguns, i've never had any issues, i know they are a "middle of the road"  quality of gun but for what i'm going to hopefully use the gun for i don't need anything super fancy. I specifically like this model by mossberg, time will tell about the 16inch barrel, i know that having a short gun overall is nice in so many ways especially when it comes to hunting.

I wouldn't think that a 16" barrel on a 30-30 would affect the ballistics too much. It might be a little on the LOUD side, though..

I wouldn't think that a 16" barrel on a 30-30 would affect the ballistics too much. It might be a little on the LOUD side, though..

i just basically need a 100yrd gun, rifle hasn't passed yet here in Genesee county but its looking pretty good and i have few spots in my hunting locations where i can shoot past 100 yrds....plus i dont get lucky enough to have the type of deer i shoot standing in a wide open field lol...

• 1 month later...

Off the bench at 50yrds with open sights which needed adjustment but, im very pleased with the gun so far. It did have cycling issues at first but i believe that was my fault and not the gun's (my first lever gun) i am shooting the hornady leverevolution 160gr bullets. Man is this gun loud but the lack of recoil is quite a nice change from a 12ga. I hope to be able to take this gun to the deer woods this fall!

post-2491-0-94580900-1429561917_thumb.jp

• Like 1