Just love his videos...

growalot

They were doing controlled burns in the Hoosier National Forest along the Ohio River  a few decade ago. It kept 2nd growth timber from maturing. Greenbrier flourished & the deer fed on it heavily. You could see where they nipped the ends of the shoots.They had mature oaks for mast & greenbrier for browse.

It was a deer hunting paradise for years until HED hit the herd HARD. I moved to NY soon after the big Whitetail deer die off in that area..

If they are you'd have to go through the DEC and find out any town regulations...not legal here ...we had a guy every year get busted for burning his farm field...after one bad go around ..he offed him self...sad for sure.... not the only reason....... but he had some serious issues with that paticular ax he ground.

I wish groups could get him to come to Western NY...I have a lot of respect for him as a well rounded very knowledgeable professional in his field.

He has been here before. He's had some health issues in the past; I wasn't a match for him when the call went out for help, but he did get some help back from the community. I think he gives back alot because of it.

Edited by phade