Ever see ducks flip in water...

growalot

they go tail up with everything else under water...Well coming home, I had to do a dbl. take in a lower corner of a field ...for all you could see of 5 deer was the back 1/3 of belly,hind legs and tail...the complete  front 2/3 of their bodies were under snow...I really wish I had my camera for it was a "Wooly " type shot for sure...

• Like 3

Yesterday I was helping a friend do some work (he's a contractor, NOT the owner!) on an incredible home on the west side of Canandaigua Lake.  It was just purchased for $1,350,000 and they and the neighbor to the north have bubblers running 24/7 to stop ice from forming around the docks and boat houses.  The open water was loaded with redhead ducks and other species I'm not positive of.

The really cool thing was they would dive UNDER the ice and disappear for 20+ seconds at a time before returning to the open water. 

I did have my good binoculars with me but couldn't spend much time gawking them but with I could have.  A real birder would have gone bonkers. :)

• Like 2

Canandaigua lake is only thing beside parents I miss about living there

It sure is an amazing area. 

I have a feeling I was VERY close to where Doc (member here) lives, it was near Hawks Rd off Rt 21.  For as much time as I've spent just to the west of there I never drove or rode Rt 21 many times.  Like sooooo many areas in the Finger Lakes, Canandaigua Lake just wonderful.

We are blessed to have all those great bodies of water.  

• Like 1

It sure is an amazing area.

I have a feeling I was VERY close to where Doc (member here) lives, it was near Hawks Rd off Rt 21. For as much time as I've spent just to the west of there I never drove or rode Rt 21 many times. Like sooooo many areas in the Finger Lakes, Canandaigua Lake just wonderful.

We are blessed to have all those great bodies of water.

Yea from where I grew up to where I live now is quite a change...i spent alot of time in Cohocton as my grandma owned a B&B there and i lived in Hopewell. I still hunt alot of the state land up there as well as alot of land down here in olean. Love the lakes but love the country setting here more.