music...

growalot

When I did a lot of driving  the stereo was very important...now I'm usualy out side and on equipment I don't listen much. Today has been an on and off SIRIUS day 32 folk rock...man those were the days makes me very nostalgic for the good ole days...hanging with the gang...talking and singing to tunes ..having a few drinks relaxing...life flies bye so fast I thank all those artist for great memories...

Edited by growalot
  • Like 2

I do....50s, 60s, early 70s pop and rock ...But NOT heavy metal stuff..

In the last few years I have also become a fan of country...Old AND new...

For the last two days, " Seven Spanish Angels" by Ray Charles and Willie Nelson has been running through my head..

I am also a huge fan late 50s/early 60s genre folk music...Kingston Trio, Chad Mitchell Trio, etc. etc....

• Like 1

It is truly amazing how some of the most inane songs can have such a profound impact on our mood ....lol. Through the late 50's and all of the 60's, the rock and roll era accompanied just about everything formative in my teen years. Yes, I was a part of that massive movement to transform music into rock and roll. Elvis, Buddy Holly, Everly Bros., Ricky Nelson, and the long parade of more obscure one-hit wonders.

But then along came Ted Nugent and a whole similar army of squealing, shrieking guitars and I bailed out on R&R and went through another revision. To me all that sounded like a bunch of kids learning to play the guitar and not really doing that good of a job at it. That was when I swapped over to listening to Country music. So now Country music goes through spells of taking on a repetitiveness and a "sameness" where every artist sounds like each other for some stretches.

In retaliation, I have an extensive collection of old rock and roll performers, and even some pretty good old country songs to listen to. And there are still enough talented and creative country singers to keep me frequently tuned to a few country stations looking for new, unique, performers.

Along the way, I have also done my time with folk, classical, and I even have some old Dave Brubeck and Al Hirt albums to cover the jazz genre. Opera ....... I can listen to some of it, but not for very long.

But yes, music has always been a part of my life. Not in a performance fashion, but there always seems to be some kind of song playing somewhere around me.