4 NY Counties Looking At Secession From NY State

It makes you wonder how long it would be before these same people would be whining and complaining about some of the features of PA. The grass always looks greener on the other side of the border.......until you actually live there. 

• Like 3

It makes you wonder how long it would be before these same people would be whining and complaining about some of the features of PA. The grass always looks greener on the other side of the border.......until you actually live there. 

I felt the same way when I bought the NY property so I could Sunday hunt.......then the taxes went up on the off grid glorified tent and cost more than my house and property here in Pa. where I am on the grid. I too thought it was greener on "the other side in NY". :)

When you look at the video, it shows the 4 counties.  Basically, they are the ones that hit the NE corner of PA.  Delaware County is in the middle.

Personally, I think they should be looking to leave because of the SAFE Act.  There is a HUGE difference between PA and NY when it comes to gun laws.

When you look at the video, it shows the 4 counties. Basically, they are the ones that hit the NE corner of PA. Delaware County is in the middle.

Personally, I think they should be looking to leave because of the SAFE Act. There is a HUGE difference between PA and NY when it comes to gun laws.

Blew rite past the video. Need to learn how to view. Thanks

Agree abt the safe act it really sucks

Ol dog on a stray

Just indicates which way the wind is blowing in case of a gas leak.  Leaks are about non-existent, but regulations require it.  Just had a house blow up from a city supplied gas leak in NJ last week.  More to worry about if you have gas in your home than from a fracking well.

They have wind socks at every airport too.  Nothing sinister about those though.

Just indicates which way the wind is blowing in case of a gas leak.  Leaks are about non-existent, but regulations require it.  Just had a house blow up from a city supplied gas leak in NJ last week.  More to worry about if you have gas in your home than from a fracking well.

They have wind socks at every airport too.  Nothing sinister about those though.

oh, I was under the impression that the perceived dangers about fracking was what happens underground with the chemicals involved in it and not so much about the gas itself since that exists everywhere in NY already.

Edited by jjb4900

what's it doing or proving?

Refineries, chemical plants or any facility that has a potential for leaking toxic gasses have a wind sock so in case of emergencies, employees or emergency personnel can see which way the fumes are traveling.

In this case, the wind is blowing right towards that farm house.How would you like to have that near your home & what would it do to your property value?

Refineries, chemical plants or any facility that has a potential for leaking toxic gasses have a wind sock so in case of emergencies, employees or emergency personnel can see which way the fumes are traveling.

In this case, the wind is blowing right towards that farm house.How would you like to have that near your home & what would it do to your property value?

I thought this was about Fracking...which was banned in NY because of the crap that's pumped into the ground in the process, do wind socks warn us of that?

I thought this was about Fracking...which was banned in NY because of the crap that's pumped into the ground in the process, do wind socks warn us of that?

No I & some others have stated the purpose of wind socks. The point of the picture was would you want to live in that house assuming that the well was not paying you royalties?

If the home owner sold the lease & is getting $$$ from the fracking then that is his choice, but what about those that have the misfortune of living next to a well that is upwind of them, in plain view & they aren't getting squat?

How would you like that?

Not to mention what it might be doing tom their well water.

Edited by wildcat junkie

I'm sure their well water is being tested at least once a month to alleviate any concerns.  I don't believe fracking wells give off any deadly gases, and the gas itself isn't especially dangerous when vented into the air.

I'm sure their well water is being tested at least once a month to alleviate any concerns.  I don't believe fracking wells give off any deadly gases, and the gas itself isn't especially dangerous when vented into the air.

QUOTE:

"As ExxonMobil’s CEO, it’s Rex Tillerson’s job to promote the hydraulic fracturing enabling the recent oil and gas boom, and fight regulatory oversight. The oil company is the biggest natural gas producer in the U.S., relying on the controversial drilling technology to extract it.

The exception is when Tillerson’s $5 million property value might be harmed. Tillerson has joined a lawsuit that cites fracking’s consequences in order to block the construction of a 160-foot water tower next to his and his wife’s Texas home."

Sounds like he is objecting to the water tower by jumping on the band wagon about unproven consequences of fracking.  He couldn't win the case if he just admitted he doesn't want to see the tower from his home's view.

Sounds like he is objecting to the water tower by jumping on the band wagon about unproven consequences of fracking.  He couldn't win the case if he just admitted he doesn't want to see the tower from his home's view.

It's called NIMBY. Which was the point I was trying to get across. Reduced property values.