March 2nd....

Already and I'm close to a month behind schedual....that will change a few plans I had rolling around my head. I use to start a bunch of garden seed about now and then put them in a cold frame in a few weeks...because the cold frame was out at the garden with no electric I had a supply of very cheap candles...some I made my self and as the sun went down I would go out and light one or two and close the top...which wasn't air tight...dang they would grow great even when temps dipped into the teens...Early plantings of all my brassica..lettuce, swiss chard plugs...later I'd do the same with most other crops...I fear this year it would still be June before being able to plant those things...I think that the ground will be too wet for a long time this year to plant..hope not I love spring peas.

I went out and opened up another path the snow was up above my knees in no drift areas...Angel was having a rough time trying to leap high enough to move forward...made me happy...if she could not stay above her nose neither can coyotes...so far we have no hard pack...but I still can't cut any trees..we just got another 3 in. last night...

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

Yeah its getting frustrating to say the least. I did check accuweather and look out 2 weeks and it looks very promising with some 50's in the mix. Will it be accurate doubtful but I need something to try and look forward to.

• Like 2