New sneekers/tires

Dom

I am looking to replace the tire's on my S10.In the past I have and still use cooper's/but I am not to sure I will be buying them again.I purchased a full set of AT/3 and the tread ware is ok but the sidewall's are already splitting.this pair/set is junk.The last set was great and got my moneys worth from them.

What do you do with the truck? is it mostly street use or do you off road with it alot?

I just put a new set of tires on my truck. I tow quite a bit and spend a fair amount of time off road with it, so I picked up the BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2. 10 ply, great tread pattern. So far so good, they are awesome in the snow. Cant imagine they will be bad in the mud. Pretty quiet on the street, but my mileage did take a small hit, probably because they are heavy tires.

I dont buy off brand or cheapo tires. You get what you pay for.

What do you do with the truck? is it mostly street use or do you off road with it alot?

I just put a new set of tires on my truck. I tow quite a bit and spend a fair amount of time off road with it, so I picked up the BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2. 10 ply, great tread pattern. So far so good, they are awesome in the snow. Cant imagine they will be bad in the mud. Pretty quiet on the street, but my mileage did take a small hit, probably because they are heavy tires.

10ply on your 1500?  Overkill but good. I have them on my 2500 Ram. Tires are the one thing i will also not cheap out on!

• Like 2

I use the truck for both on/off road.Cooper tire's used to stand by the product this never happened be for but I guess there is some faulty production.I have the same tires on our jeep and they are still in great shape.I have had BFG's in the past on other trucks they were a good tire but also they seem to dry rot/split/crack even with every day use I did never have any flat's or blow out's with them

If Michelin ltx m/s come in your size I am a huge fan. I got 15k miles on a set and they have no wear what so ever. Never was a fan of good years or or bf Goodrich. I like the coopers too but the Michelin are tops. Check out tire rack.com for review's.

• Like 1

I use the truck for both on/off road.Cooper tire's used to stand by the product this never happened be for but I guess there is some faulty production.I have the same tires on our jeep and they are still in great shape.I have had BFG's in the past on other trucks they were a good tire but also they seem to dry rot/split/crack even with every day use I did never have any flat's or blow out's with them

Make sure you look at the date codes on the tires before the shop installs them. The dry rotting issue is usually due to tires that have been sitting in a warehouse for years before they get installed.

BTW, for your truck, take a look at the Hankook Dynapro ATMs. I had a set on my truck before I bought the BFGs and they were great tires. My ex has a set on her Durango, and she is on her 4th year with them. She doesnt drive a ton of miles, but those tires are in great shape. Awesome tires for on and off road, as well as winter.

If Michelin ltx m/s come in your size I am a huge fan. I got 15k miles on a set and they have no wear what so ever. Never was a fan of good years or or bf Goodrich. I like the coopers too but the Michelin are tops. Check out tire rack.com for review's.

x2

The carpeted bed sissy truck is sporting goodyear duratracs.  Love em.  Great in the snow.  easily powered through a field with a foot of snow in it.

It did go through that snow pretty easily. Impressive tires to say the least.