Steel wool-"y"

wooly

Dammit- I forgot to tip the tripod up after I got my focus set so I cut off a lot of the overhead spark show!
I'll nail it tomorrow night, with a little better composition in a different setting! ;)

First time ever trying to spin steel wool for the camera so I knew something would go wrong, but I'll learn from it and do better  next time.

DSC_2026_zpsvfyllsvg.jpg

• Like 6

Not sure WTH it is but I like it. :)

Lol- it's steel wool tucked inside an egg beater, tied to a string, lit on fire, and spun in a circle in front of a 25 second exposure.

You only get one shot though if you only have one wad of steel wool,lol

Off to the hardware store  tomorrow!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For craps and giggles, I decided to head on down to the creek and try again before it got completely dark so I could catch a bit of the horizon.

Blew through 4 wads of wool, and came home with some ice cold soaking wet toes, but talk about fun after dark.... even though it wasn't completely dark yet.....

Kinda reminds me of a volcano. We don't get to see too many volcanos here in snowy NY, so I thought this would be my little contribution to global warming and promote some meltdown!

original.jpg

• Like 4

Fire and ice! Absolutely fantastic!

Grampy...., just wait until you see what's next,lol

More fire....., no ice!

I took more shots today, but this was the only one I liked the composition of....... and I could have done better.

I'm a freaking plumber with a camera, so I hope you guys don't expect too much!