Fishing with kids in Allegany County?

KShadows

I'm itching to get out and fish again, since the season starts tomorrow.  I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations on good places to take kids, for when I want them to come along.  Mostly just looking for somewhere that will keep them busy with bobber and a worm (sunfish, rock bass, suckers, whatever).  Also, is there a better place for rainbows along the Genesee that anybody knows of?

Thank you in advance!

Harwood lake is a great place to fish with kids, they'll catch bluegills, bass, bullheads, trout all day long. It's Cattaraugus if it's not too far take em there

Also Case lake is good. But it was in the paper Sunday that both these lakes are still ice covered & the DEC will not stock them until the ice is gone.   Also , don't assist the kids unless you have a fish license ecos. watch for that & will ticket you.  I believe both these lakes have special regs. about live & artificial baits also best to check.  Have fun & good luck!

• Like 1

You know, I've been to Allen Lake 3 times now (twice last year, once the year before) and NEVER caught anything there!  Not sure what the deal there is, but we always shore fish.

I definitely have a license, I go alone or with my brother most of the time but the kids are at the age now where they want to come along so at some point I'm sure I'll bring them! 

We like Palmer's Pond (Palmers Pond State Forest) between Belmont and Alfred but that's usually one of the last places to thaw.