another busy weekend at camp.

reeltime

had a really busy weekend at camp, couldn't leave till saturday morning so we got a late start after arriving about 11 am. did manage to get a lot done but still have more to go but each trip the list is whittling down.

got the grandkids rooms done except for carpet and the doors.

20150329_142022_zps5u9eegy8.jpg

20150329_142037_zpsqlg1finc.jpg

first floor is completely trimmed out.

20150329_200717_zps9uopbiy4.jpg

20150329_200743_zpsduccmerm.jpg

20150329_200813_zpsr3qqzihy.jpg

• Like 1

2 of the grandkids went with us to help.

while Addison was out helping to feed the horses Gavin was "busy" as he called it while taking a break........

so when Judy came up to see how things were going Gavin came back out of his room but he had the cat ate the canary look so judy went to see what he was doing ( why an 8 year old was acting funny)...........BUSTED...

seems someone was stockpiling smarties and tried stashing the empty wrappers inside his bedroom slippers.

20150330_144110_zpsfagytuw0.jpg

after getting one side of the doors sanded and  a coat of high build polyurathane on that side and the jambs before daylight it was time to get Gavin and head out in the snow to scout for turkeys.

2015-03-31%2008.28.24_zpsu8taggyd.jpg

Lesson number 2 for papa..... don't try to snag a bite of Gavin's smores pop tart or you get the look.....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/reeltime/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/20150331_083849_zpsf2wv9rin.jpg

• Like 1

kp, yes there was 8 longbeards in this group as well as some jakes and hens, by the time i could get the phone onto camera some had got up over the hill.   we found one yesterday that Gavin named big beard dragger,  he has a beard pushing 14 inches, I have a handful of beards from 11 3/4 - 12 1/2 " and this guys beard is much bigger. when he leaned down to peck the ground the beard was dragging the ground.  Gavin says that's the one he wants to shoot so we will have to see if we can put him to bed the night before the youth hunt, if not there's other birds we can try to get on.

Very nice lookin place! Love the wood n those doors are AWSOME!!! The one thing I would change is those old lady drapes... Sorry for that but for a hunting cabin I personally would put some woodsy green and / or maroon on those windows n give it a rustic but classy woodsy feel... Looks like May will be successful for you ... Nice flock .... Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deerpassion,   eventually those drapes will get changed out to something more outdoorsy.  those are drapes Judy had saved from a previous change out.   Judy was looking at curtains and blinds,,,,minga they are expensive! 

we were setting there at the table yesterday morning talking with mom and dad about what work was left to do on the camp before turkey season and its hard to believe that its not even been a year since we broke ground on the addition.

one more good weekend and we should be pretty wrapped up with everything except the master bathroom but that will have to wait a bit until we decide on either a tub/shower, shower, or jacuzzi tub.   either way its gonna have to be a few months down the road since we have done all of this with cash out of pocket, I do not owe anyone a dime on the camp. .... hey peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are not bad to eat :rofl:

thanks for the compliments, its been a lot of work but its something to have for a lifetime,  in time it will be a place to set on the porch and listen to turkeys gobble and watch deer in the horse pasture.

I guess we are headed back Friday, gotta try and get the doors finished,hung, and trimmed, finish trimming the hallway, stairway and master bedroom.  I also need to get the new horse barn staked out so I am ready for the guy that's going to punch the holes.....the horse barn wasn't in the plans for this year but somehow I gotta make it happen before the end of May. 

headed out friday to camp, wanted to leave early enough to maybe get to a carpet store to get carpet for the 2 bedrooms for the grandkids. 

got there with a half hour to spare. picked out the carpet and got it loaded up  and back on the road.

got to camp just before dark in the pouring rain, got everything unloaded and went straight to the basement to get the doors flipped over and get them sanded wiped down and final coat of poly on them.

By 9:30 the doors were finished and time to start putting the fan/light combo put together and install the wall sconce in the master bedroom.

Saturday was an all out work blitz, i was up and doing some stuff that didn't make alot of noise, finishing up some wiring things and finishing up the cable drops in all the rooms. then down to the wood shop to make the extension jambs for the bedroom doors finally Judy got up about 6 am. and things started happening.

first thing on the agenda was getting the carpet down in the 2 bedrooms. then it was time to get all the doors upstairs and installed, trimmed and extension jambs on, and then all the handles on.

once the door trims were done we started to finish up trimming the ceilings and doing base trim, got the hall closet framed in and last of pine boards up in the closet.  when we quit at midnight we had cut and installed almost 600' of trim.

I had hoped to sleep a couple hours then get up and get back at the list, i did wake up at 1:45 am and wanted to get up but there was just no way, so I slept for a couple more hours and then was ready to work.

by the time we left at 2pm everything was done on the second floor except the hall closet door and trim and master bath door and trim and the master bath,,, which I guess is now going to be a shower so we save enough space for a washer and dryer...

hall closet

DSCN1370%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy_zpscljvqj

bedrooms

DSCN1369%20-%20Copy%20-%20Copy_zpst6bwqg

DSCN1368_zpsjg2oowm2.jpg

DSCN1367%20-%20Copy_zpscrfpjagq.jpg

stairway fan/light

DSCN1365_zpsrqq7gwil.jpg