Winter

gfdeputy2

Stoneam2006 would like to get my dirtbike out too but having overheating issues with that currently

Paula

saw a couple out up here too Crazy it still is cold out 38-40 with snow on ground & breeze is not my motorcycle riding & my problem is Harley winters in my basement & snow is half way up the door

Stoneam2006 would like to get my dirtbike out too but having overheating issues with that currently

Paula

saw a couple out up here too Crazy it still is cold out 38-40 with snow on ground & breeze is not my motorcycle riding & my problem is Harley winters in my basement & snow is half way up the door

Man my Harley won't come out till the salt is gone....Studded dirtbike been out a few times in the snow....went sunday to the fields really soupy under the thin layer of snow makes for a slippery ride lol....head to west virgina at end of month with dirtbike to ride the hatfield and macoy trails so have to make sure it's ready to go....this winter was long and the damage was real good luck to all who were damaged

It finally started to thaw, a couple weeks ago. I took the dog down to the trails yesterday and there is as much dirt/mud as there is snow now. Its going to be 60 out tomorrow!!!! 

Im picking up a new ATV in a few days and its getting broken in, no matter what its like outside !!

Well, here's the good news. The melt has been so controlled and slow that most is gone or very thin without any flooding this year. Not even a threat of a flood. The swamp is still low, and the ditches down my driveway are handling any run-off including the occasional rain. If you had to plan and execute a controlled winter thaw, this would be it.

• Like 3

It is still winter by me snow everywhere,it's down to 6"-8" deep, with very few bare spots except where I plowed as the driveway and around the house. , the bad part is that it is very wet with ice under it. It took me 2 hours to make a 100 foot path with the 4 wheel drive JD with the bucket on the front , a full weight box on the back and chains on all four wheels.That was going up hill at about a 15 degree angle,only another 500 feet to get to the fire wood I have up there. So the stories about the snow keeping the ground from freezing is not true, since the average temp. around me in Feb. was 9 degrees. We will see if the warm weather we might get today does some more melting.

Stone let us know how the hatfield and McCoy trails are. We have been thinking about taking the RZRs there. Winter was absolutely brutal this year and not only has my house been beat on but I had a ton of problems with the cold and the plumbing in my rentals. On a brighter note at least we got lots of sap for Maple syrup. 20 gallons of finished syrup to date.

still 2 feet at camp but my home it is gone.  I had my bike out on Friday when it was 60 here.  Just a short 15 or so mile ride

I will be up there camping

Stone let us know how the hatfield and McCoy trails are. We have been thinking about taking the RZRs there. Winter was absolutely brutal this year and not only has my house been beat on but I had a ton of problems with the cold and the plumbing in my rentals. On a brighter note at least we got lots of sap for Maple syrup. 20 gallons of finished syrup to date.

You know the Hatfields?