Wonder Lake

InkedLilPiggy

I don't know....perhaps the 500 other persons who viewed this can help you out....perhaps 15 or 20 of them will go turkey hunting with you this season..... why don't you do some homework and find spots and not post questions like this on a public forum...... sorry if I sound harsh but honestly I don't really care anymore........

Edited by Woodcock

I don't know....perhaps the 500 other persons who viewed this can help you out....perhaps 15 or 20 of them will go turkey hunting with you this season..... why don't you do some homework and find spots and not post questions like this on a public forum...... sorry if I sound harsh but honestly I don't really care anymore........

Wow.....someone or something must have pee'd in your cornflakes this morning!

I feel bad that I was a little too sharp with you...... but my point was/is that you can research many places and learn a lot by doing some scouting........ too many people with good intentions on the Internet have ruined places.  Quite honestly,  people here have mentioned locations before that just can't sustain too much pressure.  Many of these places are small in size and access is from limited access points. It's something to think about......   You just can't expect any discussion about a specific spot that is viewed by hundreds to not be impacted.....  I hope this makes some sense......

• 5 months later...

too many people with good intentions on the Internet have ruined places.  Quite honestly,  people here have mentioned locations before that just can't sustain too much pressure.  Many of these places are small in size and access is from limited access points. It's something to think about......   You just can't expect any discussion about a specific spot that is viewed by hundreds to not be impacted.....  I hope this makes some sense......

I agree with this. Even state agencies like the DEC and in other states in the past would not be so loose with info about places to hunt and/or stocking. This policy change plus the internet makes it much different today. 

Instead of attacking a post like this, what about the guys that publicly post the location ( lake, highway, landmarks) of OTHER PEOPLE'S duck blinds? There are other examples besides this one. 

In the past, pre-internet, even telling one person face to face and asking he keep it to himself, had proven time after time that that one person tells another and he in turn and so for and so forth. 

Look at Long Island. It has world class waterfowl hunting and literally thousands of places to legally set up. Yet the experienced locals are STILL extremely tight lipped. It seems the DEC based on Long Island goes along with the contemporary values too. Long Island waterfowling is a good example of how you had to work for it in the past. It screens out the bad apples too. These days we are too desperate to keep hunter numbers up we take whoever we can get, that just isn't sustainable and will kill us in the end....