It's on its way...

chiefbkt

Great bow. You will love it. I had the evolution and currently have a phoenix. Both tuned so easily that I swear you could hunt with bare shafts with them. The Evo was performing at a true 354 IBO too. Sold it to fund my new traditional archery addiction, but they are shooters. Good luck.

Edited by moog5050

350 fps IBO with 6" brace height and 32" axle-to-axle isn't overly impressive by todays standards.  however, I hear the draw comparative to those specs will rock your world.  don't have any dealers around here and won't order a bow without shooting it.  should be a great bow from what I hear.

KS is a douche bag with a capital D, I stay anyway from anything he is associated with.

Buy all accounts the New OB bows are nice shooting but falling well short of IBO rating in many cases. In any event that's something that isn't new for Obsession, considering who there associate theirselves with.

I can tell you that the evo I had was shooting 490g arrows in the mid to upper 260s. It was on par if not better than IBO rating. The buyer was shocked when he chronoed it too. My phoenix does fall a bit short on IBO rating but its plenty fast and draws smooth.

BTW - that was at 28"DL and 61 lbs.

Edited by moog5050

KS is a douche bag with a capital D, I stay anyway from anything he is associated with.

Buy all accounts the New OB bows are nice shooting but falling well short of IBO rating in many cases. In any event that's something that isn't new for Obsession, considering who there associate theirselves with.

I tend to disagree with this from a bow design perspective. His bows really were/are transformative. From a business side of things, I can understand where people get mad at him.

He should just stick to designing bows. Bowtech, Elite, and other companies wouldn't be where they are without him.

• Like 1

I tend to disagree with this from a bow design perspective. His bows really were/are transformative. From a business side of things, I can understand where people get mad at him.

He should just stick to designing bows. Bowtech, Elite, and other companies wouldn't be where they are without him.

Where did I knock his designs? I called him a D bag, he is he that and more. That's from personal experience and not hear say.

As for lots of obsessions not coming close to hitting there IBO that comes from a cultural of disingenuous, that yes KS is a big part of.

The simple and honest solution is to rate the bows in such a way that the same results can be obtained for the majority of users of the bow. They had to back track twice already and rate bows more realistically and they should do that this year as well.

Where did I knock his designs? I called him a D bag, he is he that and more. That's from personal experience and not hear say.

As for lots of obsessions not coming close to hitting there IBO that comes from a cultural of disingenuous, that yes KS is a big part of.

The simple and honest solution is to rate the bows in such a way that the same results can be obtained for the majority of users of the bow. They had to back track twice already and rate bows more realistically and they should do that this year as well.

I don't think he is a dbag bow designer. That is where I disagree. His business sense and the way he acts...completely agree.

People like KS are brilliant for a reason - the specialize in something in a way other people typically can't. They usually suffer from other maladies/weaknesses.

I can't comment to any role KS plays in Obsessions marketing of their IBO speeds. Maybe he's yelling to high heaven, or maybe he's not involved in it, or maybe he is a part of it. If not, that'd be good by me...let him design bows. Let the marketing people push IBOs. 

People are really mad at him, some for good reason. But, I don't think anyone can say he isn't or hasn't been one of the preeminent bow designers of the last two-three decades.

Unless you are shooting the maximum draw length and highest poundage most bow's do not come close to IBO posted speeds.  I generally shoot what I hunt with and that is not usually a fast arrow.  My bow is rated at 293 fps with a 65 lbs draw at 30 draw length but I am 28.5 and I get 270 +. 

I do not expect most bows to shoot at rated IBO because of my draw length but would be interested if the bow reached say 300+ fps as that would be a 30 fps jump.  I know most state how speed does not mean accuracy but it gets to my target faster and that makes a difference on deer and string jump and if I misjudge a target the faster arrow has less drop and that to me equals better accuracy when I misjudge a few yards.  (No I do not need to be taught how speed does not mean accuracy, lets not go their.)

Looking forward to your review Chiefbkt!

THis isn't my first experience with the Evolution. I shot it last year and nearly purchased it then. I also shot the Sniper GT at the same time. I was so undecided between the two I just said I'd wait since it was the end of the summer at that point. I shot an indoor league over the winter and a few guys had obsessions. A 2014 Evo, Phoenix, and 2012 or 13 lethal force 2. I shot all of them. I shot a new breed eclipse, Elite E32, and PSE Dna. Only bow that came close to Obsession (IMO) was the Elite E32. If it wasn't for the price I got on the Evo, I may have purchased it instead. I will run it through the chrono after I have it set up. Should be here tomorrow or Friday, I'll have to check the tracking. I shoot 70lbs at 29" so we'll see how close to IBO it is.

• Like 1

350 fps IBO with 6" brace height and 32" axle-to-axle isn't overly impressive by todays standards. however, I hear the draw comparative to those specs will rock your world. don't have any dealers around here and won't order a bow without shooting it. should be a great bow from what I hear.

350 is rare air by any standards, there aren't many bows faster. IBO speeds are a lame measurement though IMO. Not many shoot their bows at 70lbs, 350 grain arrow, nothing on the string

350 is rare air by any standards, there aren't many bows faster. IBO speeds are a lame measurement though IMO. Not many shoot their bows at 70lbs, 350 grain arrow, nothing on the string

I didn't say many were faster.  IBO or ATA speeds are what they are.  got to equate to some spec for a comparison.  bows these days are usually capable to hit their IBO or darn close to it in my opinion and from what I've seen.  there's some much competition that if they didn't they'd sink really quick.  I agree some bows slightly better than others hold comparative IBO speed when setup with a certain draw weight, draw length, etc.  in the last handful of years most maybe even all bow manufacturers have made a compound with comparable paper specs rated at something close to 350+ fps IBO.  strother, elite, obsession, bowtech, PSE, Bear, Hoyt, and Mathews all included.  it comes down to fit, feel, finish, and what specs cater to your personal preference.

• Like 1