Tim McGraw to Headline Anti-Gun Concert in Connecticut

Wooly, anti-gun violence is accomplished by taking the guns they feel you shouldn't have.  You may think you are not their target.  They may decide otherwise.  I don't want some zealots given the power to make that decision.  They've already come after handguns and AR's and they are far from finished.

If they were focusing on criminals and the guns they have, i'd support them.  That is not the case.

• Like 1

The premise of their argument is that because there are guns there is gun violence. It's an incredibly simplistic view of the cause/effect relationship. They could easily position their argument to say the same thing about automobiles: if there were no cars there would be no car accidents/deaths. Etc. etc, etc.

Addressing the growing problem of mental instability among individuals in this country is hugely difficult, and no one wants to deal with it. No one. It's simply easier to attack the inanimate objects/tools than it is to admit that we've all helped to create the society that's produced the monsters who would use those tools for evil.

It's easy to be anti- gun, and most people go with' easy'. TV commercials even say the best thing to do is 'easy'.

It's damned hard to take an honest look at the real world, so most people just look at the TV and go with that.

• Like 1

Their mission is sensible control, you can take that for whats its worth. Yep, they have figured out they can't take your guns all at once with laws, so they the just chip away alittle at a time. The way things are going I can see in 50 years Americans will not be able to own guns, unless your are one of the special few.

Sorry about my rant...

Seems funny to me because every time they try to ban a gun everyone and their grandmother goes out and purchases them.  So where did the thousands of "assault rifles" go to after the ban?  Yep now EVERYONE has an assault rifle, great job?  The gun makers love when you ban any gun because the sales orders go though the roof.  No statistics on how many people turned in there assault guns because then it would prove how much of a failed attempt it was.  Then they can try again with pistol grips?  Next hand guns with a capacity of more then 6 rounds.  etc.  In fact I would say that banning guns has put more guns in the general publics hands.  But they will keep that information private.

Well what did I expect from politicians?  They only do this for votes as even they know banning any gun will not stop any crazy from killing and the sheep follow and say YEA see what we did?  We stopped violence!  No you did not... 

Teach people about morals and value of life no matter how insignificant, make helping others a common core in schools and teach parents that they are responsible for the kids behavior in school. 

Or we can just let the kids do what they want like in this video.  Bet Al Sharpton will not act on this scene wonder why? 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/video-mob-of-high-school-students-attacks-man-at-gas-station/?ftag=YHF4eb9d17

These kids are lucky this man showed extreme restraint.  The parents should celebrate the fact that all these kids are alive and bring them to justice.  But with morals that allow over 20 people to beat up one person I would not hold my breath.  He had a hand gun yet did not use it, lucky for these kids.  Not so sure another person would have shown such restraint with a kid in the car. 

See where it says gun security and safety?  What do you think that means?  It's intentionally vague because it's Orwellian double speak.

Everything they have endorsed since the Sandy Hook chaos has been gun confiscation and background checks for everyone, on all gun transfers.  Ask Washington State how they like it since it was rammed through.  It's a gun registration scheme that is meant to lead to easier gun confiscation.

In the future, anyone who owns a firearm will be subject to some form of rejection that will prevent them from keeping it.  They are dreaming up countless was to deny you the right to possess a gun as I write this.

Those who don't believe this is the case are the ones making it succeed.

I'm with Tim on this.   Who in their right mind is not against the type of gun-violence demonstrated in Sandy Hook?   I always thought he was a good singer since "Indian Outlaw", and this moves him up a notch in my book.  His dad was a hell of a ball-player and he has a fine wife also.  It sounds to me that you are just not reading the whole sentence and taking part out of context as is so popular by the media these days, stopping short at "anti-gun", while skipping the part where it says: "violence".    Everybody makes mistakes, don't worry about it, we are an extremely tolerant bunch here.         

• Like 1

Our Mission

1)    Protect children from gun violence so no other parent experiences the loss of their child by engaging and empowering parents and communities with targeted prevention programs in the areas of mental wellness early-identification & intervention, social & emotional development and firearm safety & security.

about the Vice Chairman of the group

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/newtown-activists-trying-to-change-american-views-on-gun-control/article15943231/?page=all

They are avoiding the normal words or terms but the underlying message is the same.

Suzy Hayman DeYoung, co-founder of Sandy Hook Promise

“I’ve seen the progress that we’ve made in one year. I’ve met the most unbelievably courageous and resilient and persistent people. I know we’re on the right side of history… Americans’ eyes are being opened. It might take a little time, but we are moving forward.”

She is a contributor and blogger on the Huffington post. Read a few of er posts and you tell me what you think this group is about then.

• Like 1

A celebrity supporting gun control who would have thunk it ?

Btw the Dixie Chicks , who I liked very much and have seen in concert had two albums out when they slammed the U.S. while on foreign soil .

McGraw is many levels ahead of where they were and his transgression won't be viewed as anywhere near what they did.

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

Gun violence, common sense gun laws, anti gun violence, universal background checks (which existed since or before nics) are all the same thing. They started using these terms when terms like "anti gun" became too polarizing. They live on the premise that to prevent gun violence, you must prevent guns. If you don't know this you haven't paid much attention to the politicians when their language shift from one phrase to the next. They know they can't come out with blaring signs that say gun control or anti gun. When Obama speaks do you hear him say gun control or do you more often hear him say prevent gun violence and common sense gun laws?

Edited by Borngeechee

His political views are no better he's a big supporter of Obama and the Clintons. He's a Pos

does someone standing up for what they believe in, whether or not you feel the same way, make them a piece of sh*t??? that's pretty harsh, don't you think? and by the way, I never liked him or his music way before this.

• Like 4

does someone standing up for what they believe in, whether or not you feel the same way, make them a piece of sh*t??? that's pretty harsh, don't you think? and by the way, I never liked him or his music way before this.

When what they believe is to take away a fundamental right I do consider them a POS. I also believe that those that still believe I slavery are a POS. Those that believe beheadings as a means to enforce a religion are a POS.

When what they believe is to take away a fundamental right I do consider them a POS. I also believe that those that still believe I slavery are a POS. Those that believe beheadings as a means to enforce a religion are a POS.

but isn't speaking out about anything your 1st amendment right?.......