Tim McGraw to Headline Anti-Gun Concert in Connecticut

Just like saying he is a POS. No one I read said to take his right. But supporting a group set on taking a right should be called out. That is more action than speech. To me it is right up with sending money to terrorists.

fair enough....but like I say, if someone is stupid and uninformed enough to leave a gun around that can fall into the hands of a child or someone who is mentally unstable and they kill themselves or another then too bad, they can live with their mistake because gun owners should never have to answer to why they own guns or what may happen due to their irresponsible ownership of them...it should be a free for all.

here's a question for some who may or may not want to answer......suppose you're a parent of a child who is slaughtered like one of the children at Sandy Hook, by a person, who according to many, should be allowed to have a gun because we shouldn't keep tabs on wackos...and was provided guns by a parent who knew he was a full blown wackjob and made no effort to keep the guns locked away from him.....do you still stand up and say it's ok and nothing needs to be done and there should be no consequences for irresponsible gun ownership?

here's a question for some who may or may not want to answer......suppose you're a parent of a child who is slaughtered like one of the children at Sandy Hook, by a person, who according to many, should be allowed to have a gun because we shouldn't keep tabs on wackos...and was provided guns by a parent who knew he was a full blown wackjob and made no effort to keep the guns locked away from him.....do you still stand up and say it's ok and nothing needs to be done and there should be no consequences for irresponsible gun ownership?

Don't remember anyone ever saying that. Who was it?

There are consequences provided under current law but if irresponsible gun owners are murdered with there own weapons and their murderer go on to commit mass murder then kills themselves law abiding citizens need to be punished like" safe gun act. " you think kids in ny are safer now.

Really? Tim McGraw is now a member of Isis?

Didn't say he was a member. Supporting an organization that is clearly against our constitution is the same as a person that sends money to a group that clearly hates out constitution and country. I have said it many times before. There is a right was to change the 2nd. Go through the steps and make it happen. Takes all the steam out of us right wing gun hugging wackos. Right? But why haven't they gone this route?.

There are consequences provided under current law but if irresponsible gun owners are murdered with there own weapons and their murderer go on to commit mass murder then kills themselves law abiding citizens need to be punished like" safe gun act. " you think kids in ny are safer now.

I can't even understand what you're trying to say...

Didn't say he was a member. Supporting an organization that is clearly against our constitution is the same as a person that sends money to a group that clearly hates out constitution and country. I have said it many times before. There is a right was to change the 2nd. Go through the steps and make it happen. Takes all the steam out of us right wing gun hugging wackos. Right? But why haven't they gone this route?.

My understanding was that he was for the responsible ownership and safe handling of firearms. If I misunderstood this, then I will back down. However, I am also for gun safety. Any gun owner who is not for gun safety and is ok with them being sold to "whoever" at a gas station is what has landed us in hot water to begin with. It only takes a few sandy hooks and nut jobs to ruin it for us all. We should continue to be the biggest advocates for gun safes, trigger locks, education and training and simple background checks.

• Like 2

sadly, and quite obviously, there are people that NEED to be told that guns need to be safely stored and kept out of the reach of children and people who may be living in their home who might use those guns to harm themselves or others.......if certain people followed these simple guidelines, then there may not have been a need to be where we are currently at.

• Like 2

I can't even understand what you're trying to say...

My understanding was that he was for the responsible ownership and safe handling of firearms. If I misunderstood this, then I will back down. However, I am also for gun safety. Any gun owner who is not for gun safety and is ok with them being sold to "whoever" at a gas station is what has landed us in hot water to begin with. It only takes a few sandy hooks and nut jobs to ruin it for us all. We should continue to be the biggest advocates for gun safes, trigger locks, education and training and simple background checks.

Look into the founders and staff of the group he is supporting and get back to me. It isn't about gun safes, trigger locks, education, training and simple background checks.

Look into the founders and staff of the group he is supporting and get back to me. It isn't about gun safes, trigger locks, education, training and simple background checks.

I'm not saying there isn't an agenda. But the tagline was essentially to prevent gun violence and raise awareness for mental health issues. That's something we should all support and put our differences, politics and conspiracy theories aside. If sandy hook didn't happen, then neither does the safe act.

http://news.yahoo.com/tim-mcgraw-defends-decision-headline-sandy-hook-concert-102045241.html

Every gun that I have purchased or sold in the lat 16 years, including several via the Internet, has be through an FFL and there was a background check involved.

Why shouldn't anyone purchasing a firearm have to do the same?

If I have a valid CC permit why should I have to pay for or go through another background check? Why are the same folks that scream it is oppressive, discriminatory and disproportionally targets poor and minorities when ever anyone suggests a Voter ID card? But impose costs and restrictions like the NYC residents have to put up with an it is just okie dokie.  Added costs to ammo through background checks...just fine too. $45 transfer fee....no problem.

I'm not saying there isn't an agenda. But the tagline was essentially to prevent gun violence and raise awareness for mental health issues. That's something we should all support and put our differences, politics and conspiracy theories aside. If sandy hook didn't happen, then neither does the safe act.

http://news.yahoo.com/tim-mcgraw-defends-decision-headline-sandy-hook-concert-102045241.html

Have you researched or read up on the organization? PETA has strongly spoken out against dog fighting. We all should be against that, right? You gonna belly up to support PETA?

If I have a valid CC permit why should I have to pay for or go through another background check? Why are the same folks that scream it is oppressive, discriminatory and disproportionally targets poor and minorities when ever anyone suggests a Voter ID card? But impose costs and restrictions like the NYC residents have to put up with an it is just okie dokie.  Added costs to ammo through background checks...just fine too. $45 transfer fee....no problem.

ammo checks are stupid. nobody here will side with that. So is most of the safe act. But they all came about because of poor decisions made by stupid people. I'd like to prevent that, and I don't want to prevent it by limiting what type of firearm I can own. It's no different than antler restrictions. Seems many favor education over law. Why can't we as a gun community promote education?

Have you researched or read up on the organization? PETA has strongly spoken out against dog fighting. We all should be against that, right? You gonna belly up to support PETA?

Fair enough, however I'd easily attend or donate to a specific cause without going all in to support the group. I disagree with some actions taken by the NRA and the republican party but I still support them. (sorry I didn't burn my card like you asked).

If I have a valid CC permit why should I have to pay for or go through another background check? Why are the same folks that scream it is oppressive, discriminatory and disproportionally targets poor and minorities when ever anyone suggests a Voter ID card? But impose costs and restrictions like the NYC residents have to put up with an it is just okie dokie. Added costs to ammo through background checks...just fine too. $45 transfer fee....no problem.

If you have a CC permit you don't have to go through background checks by Federal law do you? The CC permit is your background check.

Background checks for ammo are stupid, but I cited firearm sales didn't I? Typical conservative tactic. Cite situation irrelevant to the original post.

If you are paying $45 for FFL you are being screwed. The going rate was $20 on all of my internet purchase/sales transfers. You are not required by law to ship through an FFL, just on the receiving end. Some dealers want FFL on both ends, that is their call & I won't deal with them.

Edited by wildcat junkie

If you have a Cc permit you don't have to go through background checks b a Federal law do you?

Background checks for ammo is stupid, but I cited firearm sales.

If you are paying $45 for FFL you are being screwed. The going rate was $20 on all of my internet purchase/sales transfers. You are not required by law to ship through an FFL, just on the receiving end. Some dealers want FFL on both ends, that is their call & I won't deal with them.

CC has NO bearing on it. If you buy, it gets run.

Consider yourself lucky if you can get a transfer and all the paperwork done to sell and transfer a pistol for $20.

isn't the group he's supporting made up of families who were affected by the Sandy Hook massacre? sorry, but I have a real hard time bashing those families regardless of whether or not I agree with their message........

Did you read any of the links I posted? Have you looked into who is really running and behind this organization?

CC has NO bearing on it. If you buy, it gets run.

Consider yourself lucky if you can get a transfer and all the paperwork done to sell and transfer a pistol for $20.

The original post was pertaining to FEDERAL law, not SAFE act.

Yes handguns require FFL shipping on both ends. FFL In either case is only USPS requirement, not Federal law pertaining to the sale.

I can go to any LGS & get the transfer for $20 on my end.

FYI, New York's hand gun laws were screwed up long before Cuomo got elected. I won't get a pistol permit because of the NYS law as it even existed when I moved here in 1998.

My unlimited carry permit for Indiana, which is required to be issued if there are no felony convictions/mental health issues, was not weapon specific, nor was I required to register a handgun to get the permit or carry. Furthermore, I was not required to have a permit for a handgun in my home, or to transport it from point of sale to my home.

Did you read any of the links I posted? Have you looked into who is really running and behind this organization?

if I had researched it, I would not have presented my comment as a question...........either way, I can fully understand how something like Sandy Hook would motivate people who were directly affected by it or affected by it through some other type of association.

The original post was pertaining to FEDERAL law, not SAFE act.

Yes handguns require FFL shipping on both ends. FFL In either case is only USPS requirement, not Federal law pertaining to the sale.

I can go to any LGS & get the transfer for $20 on my end.

FYI, New York's hand gun laws were screwed up long before Cuomo got elected. I won't get a pistol permit because of the NYS law as it even existed when I moved here in 1998.

My unlimited carry permit for Indiana, which is required to be issued if there are no felony convictions/mental health issues, was not weapon specific, nor was I required to register a handgun to get the permit or carry. Furthermore, I was not required to have a permit for a handgun in my home, or to transport it from point of sale to my home.

I understand all of that. Unconstitutional gun control regardless of who initiated it. For me I could absolutely get behind initiatives that would make a difference and if they were presented as a comprehensive and thought out plan, put together by people that actually understand what they are talking about. The problem is that the Left, as they have proven, have no intention of limiting what they planned or are doing today. They agenda is ever more consuming. Restrict more rights they do not agree with.

I think a CC permit should be just as you had. a permit to carry and no gun or caliber specific. Pass a background check, get a card. Good to go in the entire NATION.

Gun used in a violent Felony=Death penalty.

If the Government  wants paperwork on sales or transfers, it is their cost. Not paid by the firearm purchaser or seller. We don't charge for the expense to exercise our right to vote. It is born by the nation as a whole. Should be the same here.