Angry

Dom

I have to keep this one clean.So a recent stop too the supermarket has gotten me very angry.While cheking out this couple in front of my self has their cart loaded down with grocery's they have two youngsters/3-4 years old teh mother pay's with ebt/foodstamps.Her Husband/boyfriend has in his hands  2 30racks of beer and pays with cash.Now I am pissed I so wanted to or wished I could have grabbed him and asked why he was using the system.Scumm 

I see it all the time too Dom.  I'd love to say something too instead of just muttering under my breath what a POS they are. 

I don't say anything as a confrontation with a douche bag like that could cost a law abiding citizen their pistol permit at a minimum.......... :)

• Like 1

DOM I feel the same about the system...but let me play devils advocate for a moment...

You could have seen a friend taking another shopping,he just picking up his beer at the same time. HE May have been a brother or uncle...I'd rather assume that and be less Angery.

Now if the cart was filled with high end meats...ice cream..cookies...chips pizzas...instead of fruits and veggies..I'd stand by your side and birch all day

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

I have been in the supermarket at the 1st of the month and see people with shopping carts full of junk and they use food stamps/ebt card to pay for it. By junk I mean corn chips, sugar coated cereals, soda pop, candy, frozen pizza etc. And these people are usually very overweight and have kids with them that are just as fat as mommy. And it just keeps happening. And when they get health related problems because of their poor diet choices, it's all paid for by their medicaid. And it's a way of life for a lot them by choice, paid for by taxpayers. It's disgusting.

• Like 1

It won't be long before there is more people taking from the system than people putting into the system.

What happens then?

The more good paying jobs we send to 3rd world countries that are replaced by minimum wage jobs, the sooner we will see that.

It won't be long before there is more people taking from the system than people putting into the system.

What happens then?

With the Gov. trying to cover health care we are doomed, they can't even balance the budget.  So bad.  Hopefully the next guy can get it right.

• Like 1

What happens then?

It seems they always find/have $$$ for the free bees but yet they keep telling us that social security is going broke & they don't know where the $$ will come from to keep it working?  Something wrong here!

• Like 1

We have created a lifestyle. We have put in place well-intentioned systems to enslave entire segments of our society and turn them into house-pets that the politicians (taxpayers) keep around the house to supply a guaranteed block of voters for perpetuation and growth of this kind of thing. Yes we can get angry at the recipients, but save that anger for the politicians and voters who put these systems in place. We have entire generations who do not know any other life. They are now stringing together several consecutive generations that have all become dependent and expectant of this kind of lifestyle. We did it to them. We continue to do it to them. We have destroyed incentives to get out of that lifestyle. And all the anger in the world will never put a dent in what we have created. The worst thing is that we feel so good everytime we create and implement one of these welfare benefits. It makes us giddy with thoughts of being so magnanimous. Nobody ever does any follow-up thinking to see the results of our cruelty.

• Like 1

What would "big box" workers, "Walmart" fast find workers, and (many) military families do W/O SNAP benefits?

We now have a whole industry of corporations that use SNAP & Medicaid as a supplement to their employees incone thereby collecting those benefits by proxy. Walmart includes sessions on applying for SNAP & Medicaide in their orientation.

In 1991, when I hired on @ GM, they were the largest private sector employer in the USA. Now it's Walmart so please spare me the drivel that they should find more gainful employment. There aren't enough jobs that pay a living wage to go around any more.

Yeah, I guess it all depends on how you define "living wage". I understand that it is almost written into the Constitution that all U.S. citizens have the right to the TV dish, and their cigarettes, and booze, and twinkies and potato chips. We can come up with all of the excuses and scenarios that we want, but the fact is that you don't do anyone any favors by trashing incentive, keeping them in a dependent state, and performing behavioral modifications in them that make them accept and seek out and require hand-outs. We are taking whole segments of the population and killing them with kindness. I have to ask, what happens when it finally arrives at a situation where the resources simply aren't there to support this burgeoning welfare state? The path we are on, we are certainly rushing headlong towards that scenario. Something other than continuing with increasing the size of the welfare populations and hurrying that day to us, needs to start being considered.

• Like 1

It happens everywhere Dom It just seem worse when we see it with our own eyes.

I know years ago it was very easy to trade the food stamps for alcohol and drugs, not sure if that has slowed down since they have to use a card now

Let me tell you..I grew up poor and we never got "assistant"...there was no phone ..cable...we grew a garden and school shopping was going to my older cousins house for last year's hand me downs. I worked 3 jobs in high school and lived on my own the last 2 yrs before college. I had loans to pay back and did...no fancy clothes..fast food and worked at a restaurant while in college..which allowed us one meal...ppl are just @$$$#!@! Lazy...so don't run a sob story past me it doesn't fly...hell I still buy my jeans from Sam's club...13.99!

Edited by growalot
  • Like 9

What would "big box" workers, "Walmart" fast find workers, and (many) military families do W/O SNAP benefits?

We now have a whole industry of corporations that use SNAP & Medicaid as a supplement to their employees incone thereby collecting those benefits by proxy. Walmart includes sessions on applying for SNAP & Medicaide in their orientation.

In 1991, when I hired on @ GM, they were the largest private sector employer in the USA. Now it's Walmart so please spare me the drivel that they should find more gainful employment. There aren't enough jobs that pay a living wage to go around any more.

The government has done a good job at driving manufacturing out of this country. Keep handing out more and more, and raising the taxes to try and support it, then add all kinds of red tape to build, etc. On top of that, create a lawsuit industry where anyone can put a large legal burden on a company for anything they darn well please, and what do you expect to happen? Of course those companies went overseas, its too much hassle and too expensive to do business here. Its pretty sad to think that the situation is so bad, that its less expensive to ship everything half way around the globe, than it is to manufacture it here.

But, ya know, just keep blaming the corporations instead of pointing the finger at the huge, bloated, cant stop spending government that has driven industry out of the country. Now they want to start telling companies how much they can pay their executives? Double the minimum wage? What do you think is going to happen then?

• Like 2

I have a guy I worked with  who's son in law (really pi$$es him off) is a 3rd gen. on gov't. programs.  He only works part time & knows to the dollar how much he can make before it screws up his gov't. aid & will not work anymore than needed.  Real BS.

If more of these people using the system,put half as much effort into working,as they do playing the system.They wouldn't need the assistance,or maybe not as much of it.

I have no problem helping someone get back on their feet,who REALLY needs the help. I do have a problem with the ones who make public assistance a way of life. Who are just too darned lazy to go out and work!

• Like 4

The woman was trying to feed her kids with public assistance money.  After they get fed, they'll go to bed.  Then the woman will drink beer with her friend, maybe get laid.    Should her friend not have bought beer?   Should he have just given her cash for sex?   Would that make you feel better?

Always amuses me how people get angry over nothing especially when they have zero information.   They make up a scenario in their minds and then shake with anger and get all high blood pressure all over.

Edited by Black Bellamy

Maybe the guy works 2 full time minimum wage jobs to support a stay at home mom after his good paying job was "offshored". After all, day care for all those kids would cost more than she could make working full time minimum wage.

Would you still deny him the right to to buy beer with his hard earned cash?

Those $$$ spent as SNAP generate $1.73 in economic stimulus for every $1.00.

By contrast, extending the Bush tax cuts would only generate 29¢ on every $1.00.

Those SNAP benefits help the local grocer, farmers, etc.

Tax cuts for the wealthy end up in offshore accounts or other "tax sheltered" schemes in most cases. The Reagan fantasy of the rich creating jobs (in America) is a fairy tale. It doesn't happen in today's "global" economy.

Would wages spent on food generate more than SNAP due to reduced taxes on the working class? Absolutely!

Edited by wildcat junkie