You guys all ready?

growalot

I'm not even close...I haven't gotten any gear out yet...though the one blind is up and a few are shored up...no water or snacks in permanent blinds and decoys are not out and checked...it is so dang cold out there! I shot a couple of times and I am good with both the bow and gun...now I need to clean the gun one more time...has to be done out side smell bothers me. I will go check cams on Thursday next week to see where I may want to go...no one is gobbling...last year was a good gobbling year...I also need to decide on home or camp but can't until I hit camp this weekend.

I'm going to warm up tomorrow by fishing with Pygmy.  :)

We'll hit Honeoye bright and early..........crappie beware.

I have a week to get ready for those spring gobblers!!  It won't take too long to get ready, the vest is hanging near my bench, turkey tags are installed in wallet, shells are rounded up.  Calls are another story, I found one old mouth call and nothing else in the vest.  For some reason I must have put them in a drawer.  No sweat though, I'll round up a slate, box and my hooter.  Crow call is always hanging from a shoulder strap on the vest.

Water and snacks will be procured the night before.  Shiiit paper is in EVERY pouch.  :)  Mask, gloves and hat are all an easy find too.

What am I missing??

My buddy Gator from Ontario will be here the day before season.

I will be checking two 100 acre properties every morning next week

to find out where they are gobbling...Probably set up a popup blind or two...

We'll be hunting here 3 days and then drive up to Maine to hunt 3-4 days...I'll go up to Ontario for a week or so around mid-May to hunt up there.

My buddy Gator from Ontario will be here the day before season.

We'll be hunting here 3 days and then drive up to Maine to hunt 3-4 days...I'll go up to Ontario for a week or so around mid-May to hunt up there.

Hot dog that sounds like fun!

What's the deal on Maine, where are you hunting?

Less than ideal conditions yesterday afternoon, but had to help a friend sight in his gun so I took the chance to take a verifying shot myself. Even with it being kind of cold out I was happy with the results. Come on Friday!

Benelli M2 20ga, 3" 1.5oz Fed HW 7's, SumToy .562-5, 40 yards

3095cde6-2507-4b14-8bd1-e63b3ee304a1_zps

Edited by alloutdoors
  • Like 2