Kinda Bummed Out

Pygmy

This is the first time since I have been hunting gobblers in Ontario (Canada) that I have missed hunting opening day.

Normally it opens April 25th and I go up for the opener, hunt until April 30th, and then drive home to catch the NY opener May 1. This year it didn't open until April 27th, so rather than drive up to only hunt 4 days, I decided to wait and go up for a week sometime in May.

Still...It's a bummer...

I'll be busy this week scouting out some birds for my Canuck buddy Gator when he comes down here for our opener..

Hopefully, the Great Warty-Headed Turkey God will smile again on us old turkey hunters this spring...<<smile>>....

I don't think you are missing out on much. Up here on the tundra, things are weeks behind normal. Some of the fields aren't even greened up yet & the leaves are just starting to poke out of the buds.

Edited by wildcat junkie

I want a friend named Gator!

Some people wonder how a Canadian would get a nickname like Gator...

Well, his given name is GAYLORD, so I don't think he minds the nickname..<<grin>>.... It even says GATOR on his license plate.

Edited by Pygmy

I think being tough runs in his family..

His Dad flew 30 missions as  a tailgunner on a Lancaster bomber during WWII..

There is a Canadian Legion post a few miles from Gator's home, and every year when I go up to hunt I make it a point to stop in a couple of times and visit with some of the old Canadian vets...

I'll give you a tip if you ever visit a Canadian Legion post.. Remove your hat when you enter.. If you don't, you are required to buy a round of drinks for the entire bar..

With a name like Gaylord you will be forced to be a tough S.O.B. Its like "a boy named sue". 

I love that song...LMAO when I first heard it..

"I hit him hard right between the eyes, and he went down, but to my surprise, he come up with a knife and cut off a piece a my ear.."

• Like 1