Muck Boots - UGH

beachpeaz

So, I bit the bullet and ordered a pair of Muck Boots from Cabela's.  They fit like crap!!

If a single store in WNY actually had them in stock, I wouldn't have had to order them online to begin with.  It took Cabelas 3 weeks to ship them to our local store for me to pick up.  I tried Dicks, Gander Mountain, Johnsons Country Store and Cabelas and struck out everywhere.

It seems that everyone rants and raves about these boots, yet they are the worst fitting boot I have ever tried on. I wear a 12 in every sneaker, shoe and boot I own.  I ordered a 12 and they are huge on my feet.  And not just the foot part (even with 2 pair of socks on), but the tops that are supposed to be "compression fit" I can slide my fist between the boot and my leg.  What gives?

I returned them to Cabelas and they had a size 11 Muck boot in a different version, but good enough to try on for size purposes.  My toes are crammed up in the front of the boot and they are still huge around the calf.

I can only guess that all you people that rave about your boots have short stumpy legs with odd sized feet!

Any other suggestions?  The new LaCrosse boots are ugly has heck with that foam padding on the front......

Now that is a funny rant.  I love mucks.  Have 2 pair and both fit well.  I do have a size 13EEE foot and the 13s work fine for me.  You will probably like the lacrosse - looks aside.  I tried them on in a size 15 and almost needed two people to pull them off of me.  They aren't designed for um "thick" people.

• Like 1

I think any footwear you intend on buying now days , you should go to a store and try them on , it seems as if they are not true to size any more.I cannot stand my Muck boots and wear them only as a last resort , they slip on ok but are a pain in the but to get off even with putting foot powder over the sox. I do not see a need for full rubber boots any way un less you are cleaning out a barn or walking threw a stream.

Honestly I hated he first pair I had because they didn't seem to fit right.I returned them till one year when my redheads started to leak.After alot of convincing from the guy at bass pro I gave them a shot(mainly because he said if I wore them in the woods and still didn't like them he would take them back) That was it I now where muck boots for my early season boots till my late season knee high boots (Lacrosse) wear out and I will probably replace them with mucks also

I bought the knee high gander mountain brand and they have worked great for me for the past few seasons. I love the knee high rubbers because if my game plan changes I can literally walk through mostly anything and not be worried I'm going to freeze once I get to my location.

I'm a Lacrosse guy. Never been a fan of Mucks. Rubber boot fit is so peculiar though, so I have to force myself to look more at the fit first and then figure out of the boot can hack my use/need.

Beachpeaz, if you want a pair of early season boots, Bass Pro released a cheap version for like $60 or so. I've had great luck with them. The neoprene isn't as stiff so putting them on is ever so slightly less easy than a pair of the first generation Lacrosse Alpha mudlites, but I've had them since August and done ALOT with them on and think the value is great. So much so, I bought another pair for the price. The only other minor annoyance is the insole pad will slide out once in a while, but that has more to do with getting the right size (mine are probably a touch too big).

Even if I get a hole or blow the first pair out and use the second pair, $120 for two seasons of what I put them through is a heck of a value. I wore them into the low 30s before I moved over to my Lacrosse insulated.

If I get a second season out of the first pair (meaning stand work, scouting, and October hunting), for $60...I'm happy as a pig in poo. 

http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Camo-Utility-15-Waterproof-Rubber-Boots-for-Men/product/14032808262943/

• Like 1

I don't think you can expect the same fit from rubber boots as you can from lace up boots......I've always been happy with LaCrosse, but rubber boots don't fit the same as the lace ups, so I never buy without trying on for size.

Sound advice. 

I clock many a mile in those boots in search of birds and prefer them to any other for comfort.  For sitting in a stand all day, yeah, they might not be ideal. 

I like Mucks, but then I have short, stumpy legs and odd sized feet.

Back in the days when I used to literally climb mountains day after day, I went through several pairs of good leather and cordura hunting boots. Mucks don't fit as well as they do and I don't believe I would have had as high an opinion of them back then.

However, now that I usually only shuffle a mile or two in an average day's hunt, they work just fine for me. Wade's Farm and Home Agway in Addison always seems to have them in stock, and at a lower price than the big box stores.

I have a pair to use around the yard in we grass times and they work fine, but for hunting I still use the old red wing leather boots for hunting, they fit like a good glove and I use bee wax on them to keep the water out. I do not do a lot of walking but even to walk a mile at 73 I like to feel I will not fall or trip over my own feet.

• Like 1

All my life I never been able to where high boots...even. when I weighed 115. I have a very high arch, but. Calves the size of small trees and just as solid...a boot over 8 in. Is impossible. I think it's a women thing...I notice women's calves seem larger than men's in general.wish I could find a gd mid sized rubber boot.