Really! Does only.....

The first 15 days of bow season in many area's in the Tier?  Most all 8's are on the list.. So glad our land on 8M is not in but land on 8H is included. We have a pile of does down there and for the most part its doe only in the early season anyways.

Sure this will rile the Ny Bowhunters club up some.

Can u post the link please ... !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha-ha ...... you beat me to it. I just logged on to make the same request. I would like to read the info myself. This is again another slap in the face from the DEC toward bowhunters. It appears that the DEC is developing a pretty standard anti-bowhunting attitude and set of policies.

Oh and by the way, those of you that are trying to get full inclusion of x-bows in archery season, you might want to pay attention to this also. 

I will guarantee that such a rule will immediately be followed by the biggest buck of my lifetime walking in at 15 yards posing broadside, and then turning around and posing with the other side exposed, followed by a sound that is very much like laughter. 

• Like 11

I will guarantee that such a rule will immediately be followed by the biggest buck of my lifetime walking in at 15 yards posing broadside, and then turning around and posing with the other side exposed, followed by a sound that is very much like laughter.

I'll bet that an awful lot of those bucks , will be reported killed on the 16th day of the season .....

• Like 8

It should be earn a buck...for one thing 8N where they need to get rid of doe...if you get one doe tag for there and say 8X which isn't in the area then you can only take 1 doe anyways...Freaking think DEC!!..... you DO NOT release the other 2 EXTRA tags 8N hunters can get until NOV. 1...It makes NO sense what so EVER!

• Like 3

Id rather them just go to OBR, get rid of the either sex tags, and give people less of a reason to pass does while they wait for Ol' Mossy Horns to walk by. Then they might not just whack the first dink that walks by for meat, then trophy hunt, they either burn that buck tag or start shooting does.

• Like 4

OK that could be good EXCEPT for this thinking...."Geezz I'd like to shoot that doe but what if there's a nice buck behind her". One would think just a bit harder on that, with one buck tag...does it make sense.... no...but for some, the security of 2 tags gives them a better feeling of risking a shot on a  doe and messing up a chance at a buck....Just what I've picked up talking to guys over the years..... their security blanket...even though many never fill both tags...

Back around 2000, it was does only in the early ML season in 6A

An now we don't have any deer .. it was buck only in 6f? i think.

In the areas that are overpopulated i like the earn a buck tag idea. if I had to kill three does to get to a buck I would have 3 in the freezer before  Nov1st fersure.....lol

Edited by ncountry
  • Like 2

I can't believe that they can't remove enough does through the permitting system. Heck, if they are serious about wiping down the deer population, just eliminate the permits completely in select areas and place a daily bag limit like they do down south. I know there are enough game hogs around to knock the hell out of the deer population under those rules. Want to thin them out? ..... legalize jack-lighting. Hunt them with dogs. Open a snare season. Come-on get as ridiculous as you need. Enough of those kinds of rules, and they'll get the herd down to the level where you'll hardly ever see one, which is apparently what they are really after. I mean if you want to eliminate the herd, there are a lot more effective ways of doing it than taking away hunting opportunities from bow hunters (and soon to be x-bow hunters).

• Like 4

I can't believe that they can't remove enough does through the permitting system. Heck, if they are serious about wiping down the deer population, just eliminate the permits completely in select areas and place a daily bag limit like they do down south. I know there are enough game hogs around to knock the hell out of the deer population under those rules. Want to thin them out? ..... legalize jack-lighting. Hunt them with dogs. Open a snare season. Come-on get as ridiculous as you need. Enough of those kinds of rules, and they'll get the herd down to the level where you'll hardly ever see one, which is apparently what they are really after. I mean if you want to eliminate the herd, there are a lot more effective ways of doing it than taking away hunting opportunities from bow hunters (and soon to be x-bow hunters).

Wow Doc, did you bump your head when you got out of bed this morning? :)

Edited by Lawdwaz

Every time I read DEC proposals I have the keystone cops running through my mind...BTW lets think about the turkey/ Fisher rulings. Fishers admittedly on a dramatic increase in the area they propose to open trapping...yet the rules are for just one fisher and you need to jump through hoops to do so...This in an area where BTW..turkey populations have taken a dive...With them trying to install a solution to that problem..... Lets see...Fisher big increase...turkey big decrease in the same areas...I don't know...perhaps they should hire more researchers to figure out the problem......hhhhmmmmm

I'd think full inclusion in archery with xbow would make a pretty significant difference in deer take. What was it something like 5k deer taken in 2 weeks with xbow....imagine if it was 6 weeks like regular archery...have to figure an additional 10k deer

I dont think it was 5k in 2 weeks, it was 5k reported as taken with xbow through the entire season. Remember, you report what weapon you kill the animal with.

• Like 1