Another frost is on it's way....

Calling for Thursday I believe...Great weather for tree planting but beware of those tomato,pepper,eggplants and lettuce. Plus those expensive flower baskets and pots...it was 37 here this morning....got a tad chilly with the window open last night.

I have to say this is the spring for peas and the BEST spinach I've grown in years...we should be having some for dinner this week.

No good for the fruit trees though......hope the frost doesn't cause a fruit drop...right now my plums cherries.apples and pears are loaded....blue berries/mulberries/peaches are just flowering

Calling for Thursday I believe...Great weather for tree planting but beware of those tomato,pepper,eggplants and lettuce. Plus those expensive flower baskets and pots...it was 37 here this morning....got a tad chilly with the window open last night.

I have to say this is the spring for peas and the BEST spinach I've grown in years...we should be having some for dinner this week.

No good for the fruit trees though......hope the frost doesn't cause a fruit drop...right now my plums cherries.apples and pears are loaded....blue berries/mulberries/peaches are just flowering

Has me worried too. Was up over the weekend and the apples are in full bloom. Never saw so many apple trees with so many buds.

I have 6 trees i planted about 6 years ago and have only been getting a few apples from some trees and some none. This year they are in full bloom and all trees are laden with buds. Looks like Friday it gets down to 32, hope its revised to be a tad warmer.

I got zapped this week...my garden is small, but I lost one cuke and couple peppers and tomatos have been set back a bit by a very very light frost. 

Apples are going to be good this year if we don't lose them to a big late frost...seeing a complete shift from last year's cropping.

Well It got colder than I expected the other night....It wilted all my eggplants! and partially wilted my melons...though they seem to be recovering a tad better than the eggplants...peppers and tomatoes look OK....Every thing comes in tonight and tomorrow. I have planted a dozen broccoli ...but I have so much of it I can afford to loose a dozen plants if the frost is bad. picked the eggplants up at TC farms because of their size...hhmmm must not have been hardened off as well as I thought.

Checked the weather for southern Delaware county near LOng Eddy and it shown temp as low as 30 Degrees tonite till Sat. morning. Worry about my apple trees they were looking so good hope they make it. I was making apple sauce in my mind already, wishful thinking.

In the past week,we have had temps as low as mid 30's,but no frost here. Looks like tonight we will have a good frost though. Will try to cover what I can with plastic and hope for the best. Apples and everthing in full bloom now. Hopefully it won't get as low as they are forcasting.

Tonight has Otsego county in a FREEZE Warning... for Friday midnight until 9 AM SAT  You got to cover what you can (A blanket thrown over some branches will save some fruit or get up early (5am) and turn the sprinkler on which will prevent a lot of damage.  So the apples cherries and plums are SOL.  Looks like another apple-less year and I have 40 + trees on the property.  At least my corn has not broken through the soil yet so thats safe.  I am waiting until at least next weekend to plant soybeans. Lets hope the oaks have not fruited out or they will be in trouble too.  Now if we are allowed to plant the resistant American Chestnut tree we would be ok cause they don't flower until around July 4th and produce nuts every year.

May the USDA get off its ass and release those trees so we can get that keystone species back into the NY forests. 

Like I said a few time already , The last frost by us is not until the beginning of June. I don't even bother putting any above the ground crops until then. My pepper plants sitting on the window sills have little peppers on them already.And the tomato plants are over 2' high . Good thing I put them in 6" flower pots. Cukes are doing good also.

The broccoli looks pretty sad...half may not make it...the peas have a yellow tinge to them and the spinach looks pretty good. The garlic wilted a bit...but I lost every single grape vine and almost all if not all of the blueberries...the plums were hit hard and the cherries have a bronze tinge to them...not sure on apples yet...or the hazel nuts