Need rain !!

The farmers need rain terribly. 

Your garden, my garden and the jimoake down the streets garden will be fine.  Food plots are even lower on the list, IMO.

I spent about three hours this morning helping rake & seed a lawn for my boss at our new building. The birds are going to have some good eating until the rain comes.

:)

Read in the times union,this is the second driest spring in the capitol region since the 1860s. The first cutting for hay is on hold till we get some rain and the corn is up but not growing much. Dry and dusty here in my area.

HOLY HANNA!...We got rain late yesterday and all night long...rained so hard we couldn't see the corn feild 50 ft away. The temps took a refreshing g dive as well...low 40's when we woke and high will be low 50's...more rain on the way...garden will love it...though I can see the weed seeds will too...lots of weeding in my future...

• Like 1

I don't know how much we have received since last night but it has to help!

Yesterday we traveled up to Waterport and I couldn't believe the brown lawns and parched fields.  Gotta be some happy farmers today!

On the other hand............cold and rain doesn't bode well for poults and fawns.

Hard to please everyone. :)

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1

Went to the Auditorium last night to see the "In The Mood" musical . Driving down RT 590 was rough . It was raining so hard you could hardly see . It let up for a while and rained quite a bit last night and has been raining today . I might have to buy a boat !

Foggy and still raining...We needed a good few day soaking...though 42 degrees with it I could have done without...not good for the tomatoes ,eggplant and peppers nor the cucurbit seeds I planted.....The ole arthritis is in full rage as well..Oh well I can't make rain but can fix everything else. So no real complaints here. let it rain...

• Like 2

Rained all night, just a light mist now. Its suppose to let up during the day. The wife has been harping on me to get that stink'n pool open but the weather hasn't been cooperating…Let it rain indeed!!!

• Like 1

Sun is peeking through..foggy here...I watched as two huge Canadian geese  strolled through the farmers newly emerged field of corn plucking out plants just as fast as they could...lol no bodies of water near by...but we are in the fly way  between major lakes we have Honeyoe ,Canadice ,Hemlock and Canandaqua lakes around us plus Conesus and Loon lakes...tons of water birds fly over us from ducks to swans...Bet the deer get blamed for all his bare spots....Well being on a hill side he doesn't have to worry about standing water...many corn fields were under water from what I saw yesterday.

Edited by growalot

I put in 2.5 acres of soybeans yesterday in zone 9F.  I had to skip some low spots because they were still wet from the 3" of rain we had last Sunday.   I like to "sweeten up" my early August wheat/clover mix plantings with some soybeans so now I have plenty of extra seed for that.   You can almost see the corn growing  now after all that rain last week and a little warm-up.   I don't think we ever had another year where almost all of May's rain came down in one day.