Going to be all High Fence.

Well lets get off this stupid black and white post and talk about something that matters.  Look's like CWD could be the least of the wild deer and hunters problems with this.   I said long ago that the day will come where high fence may be the only safe place to get a whitetail deer. If this crap takes a hold onto deer/people....Party is over!  Scary really after a death and all as of late!

Warnings issued after first deer is infected with plague in El Paso County
Bonnie Silkman , Weekend GMC Anchor / Reporter 

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Imagine getting a knock on your door from a health official who's there to warn you about the plague. That's exactly what happened in Colorado Springs on Monday, after a deer was to be infected with the disease.

"I enjoy the deer. I'm glad they come in the yard. I hate to see something happen to them. It would be nice to know what can be done to protect the deer," said Kent Vance, who's lived in the Pleasant Valley neighborhood for most his life.  

Health experts say it's extremely rare for a deer to get the plague.

Despite that, for the first time in El Paso County, a deer that was found in Pleasant Valley has tested positive for the disease.

The deer was euthanized last week.

"The deer was walking around the area sick. What happens is the plague hits the eyes of the deer. The deer was blind, so it was running into things, stumbling around. People got concerned and called the Division of Wildlife," Deputy Director of El Paso County Health Department, Tom Gonzalez said.

"I'm really concerned, and when I hear that the teenager in Fort Collins died of the plague, that's an even bigger concern," Vance said.  

Just weeks ago, Taylor Gaes of Fort Collins died of plague the day after his 16th birthday.

"The symptoms are very high fever, flu-like, lethargic. So folks might think they have the flu or the common cold," said Gonzalez.

"It could spread quickly. I think we need to be educated as to what we need to do to prevent it," Maggie Ramos of Pleasant Valley said.

That's exactly why health officials are passing out fliers. They explain that the plague is a bacterial disease. It spread through infected fleas or by handling an infected animal.

That's also why so many people are more worried for their pets.

"They're going to be lethargic, they're going to act different and have a fever, and that's when you want to seek guidance from your veterinarian," Gonzalez said.  

People can also keep their eye out for warning signs.

If you see a sudden die-off of squirrels, rabbits or other wild animals, you should contact the health department.

Here's a list of other precautions you can take:

Protect pets with flea powder

Avoid all contact with wild animals    

Prevent rodent infestations

Be sure to treat rodent sites with rat poison and flea powder

Your beyond ridiculous

Really!  Can you be so sure? Facts are facts and if sh!t like this takes hold you dont think it will effect hunting/hunters?  Think again.

CWD will be nothing if something like this catches fire. Is there a chance its only 1 case?  Lets hope but with a death of a young person and now this finding....Yeah you watch the nut cases light up the news cast!

Humans are way more likely to be dangerous to hunting that any natural causation. The chances of a colony-collapse-esque issue from a natural genesis as it relates to deer is minor compared to anything us idiots can accomplish. 

• Like 5

Hell if that is the case than I think all pet owners should have to quarantine their animals ...no more public walks, dog parks, TC farms and Pet-co Flea elimination programs should have to be documented by a qualified  Vet  and recorded as with rabies shots...all wild cats should have a target on their backs and be eradicated....raccoon and squirrel seasons need to be at least 10 months a year as well as programs such as this being country wide:

http://www.somervillema.gov/news/aggressive-new-rodent-control-initiatives-announced-city-exploring-rodent-fertility-management

Hey dusting programs like they had in the 50's should have to be revised for not only mosquitoes but fleas and ticks... Give me a break!...lol I told you Ma nature is going to make her own correction ...perhaps bringing back a plague out break is a start. I would THINK one would have more concerns  for the human population than whether it will cause High fence hunting... :rolleyes:

Oh for Cripes sake ,,,,for every 1 deer someone see's sick and reports I'd SPECULATE.... 100 rats,squirrel raccoon ect,ect,ect had already dissolved into a pile of fur and bones out in the wild. They said "look for a decrease in animals or increase in dead ones....Deer are not taking the RAP for anything... MY God did you work in  Vegas ? If so it had to have been the Roulette table for the way you spin things.....

i thought I saw somewhere that some random person got sick and died.  testing revealed some connection to the plague.  nothings become of it though.  if the plague takes hold enough to be that much of a concern the last thing I'm going to be worrying about is booking a high fence hunt.  also if that was the case your fence isn't going to do crap.  the way the plague works your deer confined together in a small space would be screwed more than the free ranging ones.  what the frig kind of koolaid are you drinking now??

Is there a link to the quote you posted? I would like to read the whole story before I get in a twist.

I doubt NY would ever even consider making all hunting 'High Fence'. It would get messy fast.

But, at the same time I can see this happening. Due to the "FACT" that NY goes above and beyond what's right because they can. "Oh, someone got shot in "Treefall Swamp, Nowhere?"! We have to have laws to immediatly prevent that!".

See, the thing is, I have an isse with everyone and the "What if?" scenerios all the time. "What if the Four-Horsemen Show Up"?, "What if the seventh seal is broken?", "What if NY changes the laws we are used too for hunting?"........etc.

"What if you realize that Colorado, NM, WY, PA, NJ,TX, AK, and all the other states aren't NY?".

I just don't get it. But, I am willing to read and learn why "What if?" is so much of a big deal.

Also, don't you have a deer farm Four Season? So wouldn't this profit you? You pop up some fences and charge $3000 a day for hunting. You would get paid. People would pay that if they could for a trophy.

Then you have the people who actually have to hunt to put food on the table. The most respectable hunt for food hunter, would become a criminal. A ...POACHER! Because they would do what they had to do for meat in the freezer.

Just my thoughts.....Still want the link to that full story though.

HaHa...Just read what the words say. You guys had better go back to the black and white post.  I will be sure to keep you updated on what happens in the whole world of the whitetails. Not just Ny.  Give it time!

Rob I'm a QDMA supporter that runs an outfitting business and 3 grand is the going rate for any outfitter in any state for a CHANCE to see a 140 inch buck.  Let alone KILL a 140 inch buck. No lack of business here.

Oh for Cripes sake ,,,,for every 1 deer someone see's sick and reports I'd SPECULATE.... 100 rats,squirrel raccoon ect,ect,ect had already dissolved into a pile of fur and bones out in the wild. They said "look for a decrease in animals or increase in dead ones....Deer are not taking the RAP for anything... MY God did you work in  Vegas ? If so it had to have been the Roulette table for the way you spin things.....

Dont know grow did you not read and understand the post...It was a DEER that was killed and tested for something!  They only spoke about the other animals. Spin it any way you like but the post was about a DEER that was blind and stumbling around. Did you see anything about a coon being blind and stumbling around before being shot and tested..

Spin?  Did you happen to see that the post was about a DEER or shall i repost it for you and underline the word DEER for ya?

Your copy and paste...the crutch of your post ,was not just about deer. They talked about a dead 16 yr old....gave human warning signs ...and listed precautions and non deer animal deaths to look for.Did YOU not read your Entire cut and paste?

I also had been following this news BEFORE your post...funny I didn't feel a Need to spin anything when discovering it. I took the information as a whole...not winding it up into deer catastrophe theory.

Your copy and paste...the crutch of your post ,was not just about deer. They talked about a dead 16 yr old....gave human warning signs ...and listed precautions and non deer animal deaths to look for.Did YOU not read your Entire cut and paste?

I also had been following this news BEFORE your post...funny I didn't feel a Need to spin anything when discovering it. I took the information as a whole...not winding it up into deer catastrophe theory.

They killed a freakin sick deer!!!  You have a hard time understanding that or what?  All the fill in crap was about other animals. The main basis of this newscast was..A DEER WAS FOUND STUMBLING AROUND SICK AND WAS KILLED AND TESTED POSITIVE FOR A DEADLY DISEASE!    You get that spin?  A DEER was tested! A DEER was sick.  Who cares that you did not post about it. You keep busy posting about plants growing,rain and what ever else it is that you post on here.  Spin. What a joke.  I guess if they find another DEER with the same problem that will be a spin also. Or someone else dies from that crap it will spin another way?

Lol.....Do I have to copy links??? Seriously it's easy to find where they state over and over,the plague is " Rare to find in MULE DEER,it is usually PRAIRYDOGS AND RODENTS " spread by fleas. I'm sorry if my reading through all the information out there put a damper on your High Fence only deer hunting dreams.

Edited by growalot

Lol.....Do I have to copy links??? Seriously it's easy to find where they state over and over,the plague is " Rare to find in MULE DEER,it is usually PRAIRYDOGS AND RODENTS " spread by fleas. I'm sorry if my reading through all the information out there put a damper on your High Fence only deer hunting dreams.

Your a halfwit is what you are. Yes copy and show me where any other animal on that day was shot and killed and tested positive for any disease and was printed in that story!  Please do tell.

Trust me..Your thoughts about putting any kind of damper on my business or anything about high fence is the least of or worries. When you cant raise enough deer to support the demand in a closed border state...You know life is good!!  Nice try though!

http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-well-being/stories/bubonic-plague-found-in-colorado-fleas

http://www.elpasocountyhealth.org/plague-facts

http://www.elpasocountyhealth.org/sites/default/files/files/services/infectious-diseases/Plague2012FAQ_1.pdf

https://oem.coloradosprings.gov/cat/public-safety/emergency-management/resources/plague-and-hantavirus

Hahaha Half wit ..well your partially right for the fact that I am willing to engage your nonsense probably puts me in that category....That said Mr . "sky is falling " on wild deer hunts.Please take note that one  deer was mentioned to have contracted this BUT every single link does not mention DEER as a COMMON carrier...then talk about domestic animals, squirrels,prairie dogs and rodents...Now you can call names and try as you may to detract from the fact your crazy jump from one dead deer to high fence hunting is just that crazy.

Edited by growalot

http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-well-being/stories/bubonic-plague-found-in-colorado-fleas

http://www.elpasocountyhealth.org/plague-facts

http://www.elpasocountyhealth.org/sites/default/files/files/services/infectious-diseases/Plague2012FAQ_1.pdf

https://oem.coloradosprings.gov/cat/public-safety/emergency-management/resources/plague-and-hantavirus

Hahaha Half wit ..well your partially right for the fact that I am willing to engage your nonsense probably puts me in that category....That said Mr . "sky is falling " on wild deer hunts.Please take note that one  deer was mentioned to have contracted this BUT every single link does not mention DEER as a COMMON carrier...then talk about domestic animals, squirrels,prairie dogs and rodents...Now you can call names and try as you may to detract from the fact your crazy jump from one dead deer to high fence hunting is just that crazy.

I dont give a rats a$$ what you think and what you post about this and that, I put a post up about a wild deer getting a killer disease and it in fact very well could have some bearing on deer and hunting in the future plain and simple.  Really dont care if it was 1 or 21 the post was about a DEER with the disease. Period. No Spin, Just FACT.   You may want to stick to the flowers,Rocks and tree's posts.

And are you freakin kidding me.  You put up some write up from Aug of 2014?  That shows ya right there that you are clueless. Talk about trying to spin something. BaHaHa    

Edited by Four Season Whitetails

Oh Gosh I'm so pleased you mentioned the 2014 link for, that coupled with the fact that the "plague" has been in western states and particularly around Elpaso county for decades...should make a reasonable person say hhmmmm his post title..."Going to be all high Fence" makes him (you) clueless.

That's what happens when a person delves into a subject instead of cherry picking just one source....they actually learn a bit of what is really at play. You do know I could do this all day, but well I'm busy and playing with you on this subject isn't challenging enough to bother further....Have a great weekend.... ;)