I made it- smoke FREE!

wooly

I've never even tried anything else in an effort to quit, Paula. The patches and gums and inhalers were going to cost me more than smoking cigarettes, and I had no proclivity towards a drug that might cause me to want to kill myself.

I vape now. I don't smoke. Life is a lot better.

As a hunter this is my biggest downfall!  I will not stop trying to quit!  Going at it again Wed. 

Congrats!  I will do it!!! 

Don't give up...I'm 65 and nearly all of my friends were smokers ...Most of them have quit.. Of the ones who DIDN'T quit, most of them are dead..

Way to go Wooly!!

I quit the cigs cold turkey about 10-11 years ago when my kids were small and I realized I sure as heck did not want them to think it was ok. Gave up chew a year or two after that. I never missed the cigs after the first year and now they smell like trash to me! The chew I still miss but will not touch again.

I do have an occasional cigar here and there but nothing regular. I might go 5-6 months without one!

• Like 3

Thanks again everyone, and I hope all the rest of you quitters can stick with it as well!

I ran out of likes to give away today, so I'll catch up with the rest of you tomorrow. ;)

Congrats to you!!!! How many cameras, lenses, filters, tripods have you gotten in trade for the smokes you've given up? ;-)

Mark, I got more gear now than I know what to do with anymore and I'm lovin' it....

Oh wait a minute...... I just had an idea for some of my old junk!

Props,lol

large.jpg

large.jpg

• Like 5

Don't give up...I'm 65 and nearly all of my friends were smokers ...Most of them have quit.. Of the ones who DIDN'T quit, most of them are dead..

Lol .... After you hit 65, most of your friends will be dead whether they smoke or not. Wait until your 50th high school reunion. Yipes!!!! it starts getting real scary.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wow just saw this thread Congrats to you guys

after over 20 years of smoking I just started the Vapor pen @ 3mg  Saturday was my last Cigarette

even though it has been less then a week I can't believe how easy it has been so far by the means of the Vapor pen I would suggest buying a good setup to begin with. I bought a cheap setup (didn't know any better)

crapped out within 2 days then bought a decent one for not much more & works a lot better

• Like 2

after over 20 years of smoking I just started the Vapor pen @ 3mg  Saturday was my last Cigarette

even though it has been less then a week I can't believe how easy it has been so far by the means of the Vapor pen I would suggest buying a good setup to begin with. I bought a cheap setup (didn't know any better)

crapped out within 2 days then bought a decent one for not much more & works a lot better

Congrats on your decision to stop cigarettes, it is a tough thing to do but so worth it for your health and money you save. It's a tough thing to beat and just stay focused on your desire to quit and you will be successful. I have been smoke free for 9 years now and lung cancer survivor for 3 years now. Good luck!!

• Like 4

Fantastic gfdep!

Those cheesy pens make it feel like you're missing out on something most others are gloating about.

The transition from tobaccy to an e-cigg is much easier once you find a good set up you get the most flavor and satisfaction out of.

Now the constant search for good jooce begins!

Vape Wild is my favorite by far, and very affordable so you might want to look them up!

Congrats, and good luck moving forward past the stinkies!

• Like 1

Mo' money in my pocket, and mo' air in my lungs! 422 days smoke-free.

It's hard to believe at $10 a pack that anyone could possibly be that addicted.

For $50 I get enough joooce to last me 2 months.... and I'm a vapoholic,lol

A regular/heavy ciggy smoker can burn through that in 2 1/2 days!

I don't even think about them anymore, and I've dropped down to 3mg nicotine myself.

My next step is 0% nicotine, just vaping for the flavor.... then I may just quit completely, but I doubt it because the flavors are SOOOOOO good!

• Like 1

It's hard to believe at $10 a pack that anyone could possibly be that addicted.

For $50 I get enough joooce to last me 2 months.... and I'm a vapoholic,lol

A regular/heavy ciggy smoker can burn through that in 2 1/2 days!

I don't even think about them anymore, and I've dropped down to 3mg nicotine myself.

My next step is 0% nicotine, just vaping for the flavor.... then I may just quit completely, but I doubt it because the flavors are SOOOOOO good!

Tax-exempt cigs from the Indians were close to $300 a month for me a year ago. (My mortgage is about that).

I make my own juice and build my own coils now for about $5 a month. It's a no-brainer.

A little nicotine during the day helps me focus when I'm working because I don't drink coffee, and the flavors are just oh-so-good.

Now, if we can just keep the government from taking it away from us....

For anyone who cares here's a a link to a petition that might help: vapingpetition.com

• Like 1

Thanks everyone it is only a week today but like I said it has been a lot easier then I thought this week would be. Got an even better vape setup yesterday. I do have a question for those that vape in the woods. What flavors do you vape while hunting. The 8 pointer I shot last year came in down wind from me while I was smoking at 20 yards & I have shot a few with bow & gun while smoking or just put the cig out. I am vaping an apple pie & a vinilla custard now just wondering what everyone else likes

• Like 1