500 uthanized deer on Ohio farm deer .....

growalot

At Yoder's deer hunting preserve....hold your pants...none tested positive for CWD...yet Yoder was arrested then released on suspicion of...imagine this...tampering with evidence related to how CWD got on his place and then spread...Ya makes no sense to me but in this weeks NYODN pg 10...problems with the disease LIKELY came from Yoders DEER BREEDING FARM...

Now I DID NOT WRITE this to pizz anyone off...I did though because it occurred to me......Man! a deer breeder would never want to

1. undercut his compatition

2. pizz of local authorities

3. have any issues with marital problems(either his or someone else ;))

4. pretty much make anyone mad...instead of one horse head they could get 500 deer heads(movie reference)

If all it takes is finding CWD anywhere on your land.....

Edited by growalot

Yup nice. 500 lives taken for nothing. Arrested and released for suspicion.....What does that tell ya.  I know the whole story as many in the loop do. This is just another knee jerk reaction for nothing. Until they shut down any alfalfa and grains coming out of any CWD positive states they will never even think about stopping CWD. How messed up with that?

Wait till the day that CWD has anything to do with humans getting sick.  If the Brakke's in Iowa got 1.3 million dollars for the killing of their herd after no other positives were found how much do you think Ohio settled with John for to kill his herd?  I would fill ya in but you would not believe me anyways and i sure did not post this to Pizz anyone off!

• Like 1

That was fast if they just finished off the rest of the herd last month....Imagine if the Government released monies that fast for things like road and bridge repair...you know general infrastructure....

The way the news article was written didn't make sense to me ...sounded like a lot was left out. It just occurred to me just how risky such a business could be especially under government scrutiny. Then again...

If what I think your implying is true.... it could be a profitable way to get out of a POSSIBLE bleeding investment.( not all business plans  are equal)

That was fast if they just finished off the rest of the herd last month....Imagine if the Government released monies that fast for things like road and bridge repair...you know general infrastructure....

The way the news article was written didn't make sense to me ...sounded like a lot was left out. It just occurred to me just how risky such a business could be especially under government scrutiny. Then again...

If what I think your implying is true.... it could be a profitable way to get out of a POSSIBLE bleeding investment.( not all business plans  are equal)

So true..Its a win-win business. They cant do anything with your privately owned animals unless they pay you the value they are worth. Well you know the same animal on the outside of the fence is worth thousands less than on the inside of the fence. Many say they are vermin that just eat all the farmers crops, peoples flowers and cause car wrecks..On the outside.   On the inside..They are worth thousands-millions depending on who is doing the shopping. When the state says they want to kill your perfectly healthy animals on the inside....Well of course the price to play just went up. I dont think i know of 1 farm that was depopulated for less than a cool million.

Makes me wonder when my turn is coming!  

from what I've read he's got multiple locations that were supposed to be under quarantine from finding CWD in deer connected to his place(s).  not all the deer at preserve and game farm had been put down and tested i thought I read.  all the ones in the preserve were free and clear.  the reason as read seemed to be that things went down like they did because he kept screwing around and didn't play by the rules.  now I don't know if those rules are truly unreasonable to justify him not cooperating or doing what he was supposed to.  regardless if you want a deer farm you've got to play by the rules I guess.  it sounds like the ODA didn't jump to killing them off right away.  I could understand that being they have to pay out so much.  it's screwing around on both sides as far as I'm concerned.

from what I've read he's got multiple locations that were supposed to be under quarantine from finding CWD in deer connected to his place(s).  not all the deer at preserve and game farm had been put down and tested i thought I read.  all the ones in the preserve were free and clear.  the reason as read seemed to be that things went down like they did because he kept screwing around and didn't play by the rules.  now I don't know if those rules are truly unreasonable to justify him not cooperating or doing what he was supposed to.  regardless if you want a deer farm you've got to play by the rules I guess.  it sounds like the ODA didn't jump to killing them off right away.  I could understand that being they have to pay out so much.  it's screwing around on both sides as far as I'm concerned.

Screwing around?  Yes..Screwing around with a multi million dollar breeding and hunting operation.  Owned by an american citizen in the state of Ohio.  They want to come in and kill personal livestock for a scare then yes they will pay deeply.  They paid and they came up empty...AGAIN.  Red deer herd in Minnesota, 1 animal pops up with CWD..In a closed herd..and they kill over 500 animals..For what? Nothing! And they all came back clean with no other positives.  Multi millions to the farmer...Land shut down for 5 years- Farmer buys new land and farmer is now back in a better business situation than he was before the state stepped in. 5 years from now he will have 2 farms active in that state and a very nice collage fund for the grandkids!   How can ya beat that!

States have spent such stupid money worrying about CWD and farms its just stupid..Nice for the farmer... Picture this= State of Wisconsin, We have a deer farm in a CWD hot zone, Inside that fence no deer can leave the state because of the CWD prion might be spread...Now outside that fence 10ft the same farmer owns 1000 acres of corn that he harvests and sells to big feed outlets to sell across the country.... The CWD prion just got spread to Ny,NJ, Virginia,Texas...You get the idea!   Pay millions to farmers to kill something but let something else be thrown across the country.... Now thats using taxpayer cash wisely huh..... Riiiight!

The guys out that way were complaining big time this spring for it is taking a big toll on the wild turkey populations.

Now I just researched that and they had not found it in wild turkeys ...But all cases were in the farms...So not sure what they were complaining about...purhaps assuming...and having to get the wild ones tested???...I'm not sure what they expected animals bunched in like sardines...did they not see what happened in China a few years ago????never never learn...

Edited by growalot

I read another report where there was talk about euthanizing the deer farmers so they wouldn't have to pay them out...

Now come on buddy... They would lose way to many smart business people if they did something like that. for now they will just continue to pay millions to farms to depopulate a farm so the guy can run down the road and fire up another one.   Just think whats going to happen when that first country stops taking hay's and grains from us because of the prion being carried in the plants?  Can you say mad cow scare. Any human sickness and watch out!

right or wrong, it's not just the deer farmers who are targeted when a disease breaks out and the owners of them get targeted....and I'm willing to bet that that the chicken farmers who I posted about earlier lost a lot more in the time it took me to post this then most deer farmers.....well, I doubt that anyone lost anything because the State or Federal Government paid them for their losses.

right or wrong, it's not just the deer farmers who are targeted when a disease breaks out and the owners of them get targeted....and I'm willing to bet that that the chicken farmers who I posted about earlier lost a lot more in the time it took me to post this then most deer farmers.....well, I doubt that anyone lost anything because the State or Federal Government paid them for their losses.

Thats what happens when they come in and kill your personal property for nothing!