Who needs the gym...

growalot

When they are out working the chain saw in humid 82 degree weather?!....Done with lunch and having a tough time getting back out there....bug spray isn't working today ...soaked through and through and wood chips kinda bite ya on wet skin....well they aren't going to cut them selves I suppose :umbrage: Thank heavens there's a breeze...and I finally killed that bug that was crawling around under my eye lid Damn!

I'd rather be at the gym truth be known It's air conditioned!!!...Holy Hanna the bugs are bad! I'm itchy in all the wrong places and every thing is sticking to me...well doesn't help I had to cut down and up 2 pine trees :rolleyes: ....I won't cut up more than I can haul out in a day so I'm back in. The brush pile fence is now 8ft high on two sections......pines, bunch of bad maple...some ash and a couple of large sumac's that got in the way....I found an arrow from when I still used aluminum.....Got a section of a trail plot opened to some sun...so that will go into turnips...it is near the alfalfa plot...I need to pick up some clovers to through in with the turnips and rye this fall. Well dehydrated and sore so off to take a hot soak before starting house hold chores and dinner.

Ya but Doc...I do not get eaten alive by every bug known to man kind in the gym....those all natural bug sprays do not work as well as the Deet I'm allergic to! ;) I think I saw a few ticks floating in the bath water :O

Yup! I guess the bugs got to get some benefit out of it all too.....lol. You can't hide from them forever. How will you get all that work done?

Today I threw in the towel and realized I'm not...I'm not going to get it all done...for I can handle working in a snow storm but I can not tolerate being constantly dowsed in a cool wind driven rain...you can't weed wack or mow there is too much danger in trying to cut trees in this...... can't even drive gator on land let alone a tractor and when the sun does come out...1-2 days isn't enough to dry out an entire days + worth of rain before the next storm rolls in...

The whole time I talked to the roofers I was thinking no way how can they tackle a job like this in weather like this...BTW modified A frame and the back side got a moss bloom in this weather looks like a emerald green carpet not a shingled roof now... :dontknow: It's difficult enough just cleaning the dogs kennel any more and they are so tired of this they've taken to soiling their sleeping area to avoid getting wet all the time...enough already!!

We are in danger of contracting jungle rot. Seriously, these gray, wet, days are beginning to resemble winter an awful lot. Trapped inside the house, looking outside for a little glimpse of some lighter skies. Yeah, I know what you are saying. It may be that this year the gym is the only place you can actually get some exercise and stay dry doing it.

• 1 month later...

I came back to this thread  and have to say what a change! I was miserable then and now ...Well the weather has really been nice...except for all my mosquito bites(note to self...by more Thermo cell butane cartridges)...The rains haven't been as bad or often..just right and the temps have cooled nicely...for now...There seems to be a freshness in the air.

As for the Gym still going but have cut my 3 hours 3x's a week to 2 hours and 2-3 x;s a week...All that and I have only dropped 15 #'s..but clothes fit differently and some things I haven't worn in a while are now out...Lord at this rate I'll be 70 before I get to my good weight...Don't calculate that..I told you I'm not a small woman ;)

Your right...I sleep with my BR window open all winter and the heat set at between 62 -64...I have never liked it warm. Then again I have always been an outdoors person and as  kid we had some awesome sledding hills in our area and lots of snow ...so I was out side growing up all year long...