Mudbugs & Grilled Salmon, It's What's For Dinner

DirtTime

I am not sure where these came from Biz. The g/f bought me a pound and I was happy to cook them up and suck the brains right out of the head! I don't buy them very often, I go get them from local creeks and streams. The same way I do if I want frogs legs, I get up, I go out and get me some frogs in the wild..

Not many people I know who like them, so I just boil and eat. I have done cookouts where I have done the corn, potatoes, onions ( even added sausage once to no avail ) and a spice that I make myself. No one liked it.

To bad for them!

Edit:

Did you actually say you have crayfish shipped to you? That's posh..LOL

Edited by ....rob

I am not sure where these came from Biz. The g/f bought me a pound and I was happy to cook them up and suck the brains right out of the head! I don't buy them very often, I go get them from local creeks and streams. The same way I do if I want frogs legs, I get up, I go out and get me some frogs in the wild..

Not many people I know who like them, so I just boil and eat. I have done cookouts where I have done the corn, potatoes, onions ( even added sausage once to no avail ) and a spice that I make myself. No one liked it.

To bad for them!

Edit:

Did you actually say you have crayfish shipped to you? That's posh..LOL

Yes from Louisiana

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those were from Price Chopper and were actually salt water.

Been eating freshwater crayfish and mussels since I was a kid. Just remember to get them from a good running creek or stream, not stagnant areas. Wash them off really well and drop them in a pot. Add corn, taters, onions, or w/e. I also make my own spice to cook them in. A little sea salt, cracked black pepper, garlic, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, and some season all.

Or, if you are really interested in the crabs in the no no area you get from a bar.... I guess you could get the hot tub really hot and have her sit in that for an hour or so, should be good to go.  :bad:  :bad:

We just had a 50th birthday party for my wife at the house this past weekend..We did the crawfish boil with taters,sausage and home made cornbread on the side PLUS a 40lb pig in the roasting box....Not a scrap of pig leftover!!..we had the crawfish shipped from La...same place ,,,in the styro box....Awesome...Them bugs were huge and tasty!

post-3304-0-88823900-1437699495_thumb.jp

post-3304-0-89415900-1437699511_thumb.jp

post-3304-0-27722600-1437699525_thumb.jp

post-3304-0-50292000-1437699537_thumb.jp

Edited by LI OUTDOORSMAN

Nice LI OUTDOORSMAN. Where's the pics of the bugs?

We used to catch them when we went swimming in the Schoharie Creek. Or at times we/I would just go looking for them. Got me out of the house and gathered some food. I have known people who have even made or bought traps to catch them. The down side to getting them on your own, they are not always the biggest. But it's fun, you get out of the house and get some exercise. I wish I knew more people who liked them, it would make it worth while to spend a day catching them.

@Fletch, Most of the people I know wouldn't know great eats from a hot dog! LOL. Next time I will drop a note, you are only 4 hours from me.  :scratchhead:

Edited by ....rob

Nice biz. I heard splitting them like that is better for a grill, but I have never tried it. Does it really help?

Now about that beer......I know people who use it to bate yotes instead of skunk urine. LOL...J/K. 

Edited by ....rob

I will have to try splitting them next time. Thanks for posting that pic I would have thought of doing that.

The beer?...I tried it a few years ago. Didn't do it for me. I only had 4 and the next day I had a nasty headache. I get the same thing with Sam Adams. Only a couple and the next day is painful. They are the only two that do that.

I was checking out cooking methods for the grill.........the one I am going to try next time says to do a quick boil prior to splitting and grilling.

How long grill after boiling? I only grilled and it was like 6-minutes only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the one I was looking at said to toss them in boiling water for 1 minute and then split and grill for about 6-8...........maybe the quick kill by tossing them in boiling water for a minute has something to do with how they turn out? haven't tried it yet.