Get your vaseline ready NY! Its here...

phade

Thanks for the link .......rob.

Those changes really suck.........................why bone the bow and ML hunters so bad?

I'm going to put some ink to paper and send it off to Harrisburg.  OH wait, this isn't Pennsylvania!

YET.

You never hunt with your muzzleloader during the regular season?

Nope. Why would I in rifle zones or when I have an H&R Ultra Slug tackdriver? MZ is a mistfit. If I want a challenge in gun, I pick up the bow. It just has no fit in an area with a just over a week long late season to shoot does only. Makes my Vortek UL look like a bad buy. I feel bad for the whackos with high end TCs.

Edited by phade

What is weird is the anterless only is Oct 1 - Oct 15 and Dec 14 - Dec 22 which means you can shoot a buck between Oct 16 and Dec 13 ....... hmmmmmmmm!

What is so weird? It's the first two weeks of bow and the late bow/muzzleloader season. Pretty simple to understand. Taking two of the best weeks to shoot a buck out of consideration (first and last weeks).

Edited by phade

I'm in in the east, so basically nothing changes for me, but it sucks for some other areas. For instance at Sterling Forest you will see the big 12 pointer and you can't shoot it during bow or MZ season... it blows. In western NY they basically declared war on does, I guess you have too many deer...

Hmm mm who wants to be i the stand and watch big bucks go by

even worse, for the buck hunters anyway, is you will have guys stomping around the first two weeks sending the buck that they have been watching all summer into alert mode......kinda screws up the early season ambush.

• Like 1