Get your vaseline ready NY! Its here...

phade

Another example of NY becoming a dictatorship. When is doubt add more government oversight. Man if not for my stupid immediate family id be out of here. We continue to be less of a free country everyday.

I know I've mentioned this before but if everyone stops buying a license I bet they will listen to us a lot more.

• Like 2

Another example of NY becoming a dictatorship. When is doubt add more government oversight. Man if not for my stupid immediate family id be out of here. We continue to be less of a free country everyday.

I know I've mentioned this before but if everyone stops buying a license I bet they will listen to us a lot more.

Sorry but I'm not willing to pass up my deer season over a doe only season.... many of you either have forgotten or are not old enough to remember what it was like 30-40 years ago... hunters have it pretty good today as far as tags go and the ability to take many deer each season as well as the length of season being longer. Be very careful what you wish for

• Like 3

How does this make sense?

Is your suggestion a "Boy-cot"? Yeah, that makes sense!

All these changes will do is create more 'poachers'! I am not an advocate of poachers, but when you tell a hunter they have to pass on a P&Y buck on opening day, bad, bad things will happen.

Don't get me wrong here! These changes are not good. But people won't look at the time line effects of this BS. Like someone said, all your work gone due to a regulation.

You just spent three years creating food plots, you pay good money to get those food plots set up. You have been watching a deer ( or multiple deer ) go from a fawn into a 4yr old monster. Opening day, that buck walks past your stand at 20 yds ( I am using 20yds as an estimate for all hunters! ), you have to let it pass. Who in this site would "HONESTLY" let that deer walk?

Edited by ....rob

How does this make sense?

Is your suggestion a "Boy-cot"? Yeah, that makes sense!

All these changes will do is create more 'poachers'! I am not an advocate of poachers, but when you tell a hunter they have to pass on a P&Y buck on opening day, bad, bad things will happen.

Don't get me wrong here! These changes are not good. But people won't look at the time line effects of this BS. Like someone said, all your work gone due to a regulation.

You just spent three years creating food plots, you pay good money to get those food plots set up. You have been watching a deer ( or multiple deer ) go from a fawn into a 4yr old monster. Opening day, that buck walks past your stand at 20 yds ( I am using 20yds as an estimate for all hunters! ), you have to let it pass. Who in this site would "HONESTLY" let that deer walk?

Rob doing nothing will get you nothing. This I'm sure is their first of many future phases that will be implemented over time. Maybe we should just continue to sit back and see how bad they can screw up our hunting or take a stand and hit there revenue thru licenses. Wallet share makes more noise than going to a dec open forum meeting where they don't really take any suggestions offered anyways.

• Like 3

I don't really understand tho u get one doe tag one either sex. so the want us to shoot one doe theb be done for 14 days

No they want us to BUY doe/dmp tags to shoot them. Edited by phade

The muzzleloader tag is a bow/muzzleloader tag. So even if you don't use your muzzleloader you can use that tag for deer shot with a bow. At least that's how I understand it.

And skillet, a man only gets a certain number of hunting seasons, sitting one out seems a little nuts!

• Like 2

Rob doing nothing will get you nothing. This I'm sure is their first of many future phases that will be implemented over time. Maybe we should just continue to sit back and see how bad they can screw up our hunting or take a stand and hit there revenue thru licenses. Wallet share makes more noise than going to a dec open forum meeting where they don't really take any suggestions offered anyways.

I been saying the same damn thing for the year I have been a member here. If you want a change you need to get off your ass!

When it comes to dove hunting, there we a ton of petitions. Deer, where? I didn't see one petition! It was "Email and express your feelings!". I guess dove hunting is more important.

Seriously, where were the petitions for deer hunting? Maybe I missed them.

Remember once upon a time we had to check a box on our carcass tags to acknowledge our kills "adult" or "fawn".

I never killed one with spots, but I did kill many anorexic "adults" that yielded under 30lbs of flesh.

Maybe that was some sort of subliminal conditioning for what the future of deer hunting would be, to open hunters eyes before they pull the trigger.... much like they're doing here.

JMO,  but those guys and gals up in DEC headquarters got more time to think this crap up than I do.

• Like 1

Nope. Why would I in rifle zones or when I have an H&R Ultra Slug tackdriver? MZ is a mistfit. If I want a challenge in gun, I pick up the bow. It just has no fit in an area with a just over a week long late season to shoot does only. Makes my Vortek UL look like a bad buy. I feel bad for the whackos with high end TCs.

I have a healthy chunk into mine. Ugh.

I have a healthy chunk into mine. Ugh.

Yea, last I checked Melvin Forbes doesn't want to buy back my NULA ML'er.  LOL.......

Sure, I can and will still use it in a heartbeat over my Ithaca DS II when I hunt in southern Erie County but it'll surely get less face time with the new regs.