DIY Archery Hunt Ohio

ccondid1

Hey chad. The se corner is hilly as in deep ravines- ones you can't always climb. Nasty briars too. The cat is out of the bag w regard to Ohio and big bucks- so avoid the first week of nov and any gun season. That being said- where you're headed weeds out the fat and lazy pretty quick. Some trees that will work w a climber but better off w sticks and stand. Plan on some scouting time prior to your first hang. Learn and understand thermals. Some good ones down there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I hunt with a lone wolf hang on and sticks so that's good to know. I don't have super high hopes for the trip other than just getting out of state to rest my NY spots for a week and learn a new area. We will be going the 1st week of November, because we couldn't get there to scout this summer so we wanted to get there when deer would be moving pretty good. We are going to hang cameras and scout for 1-2 days and then hunt for 3-4 days depending on our luck. We are young and fit so the hills should make things fun. Have you hunted much down there? If so what areas? Any other advice you have would be awesome. 

Chad

It's not like here terrain wise and you will have competition... Just be prepared.

Scout a ton online and list your top 6-8 spots to see in person before hanging a set. Be prepared to deal w a hats. Go to small areas over looked, go half day hike in and camp far, canoe access, but have spots that aren't off main trails or easily reached.

know how to find buck wind tunnels on the leeward side. Know your thermals. Know your thermals. Know your thermals. Get it? ;)

Ohio slobs use crossbows and bait piles- they also drive flat land .... Use the nasty stuff to your advantage. Many times the state is the bedding w nearby ag as food.

Pm me if you need anythjng

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk