Tag Display

jackULL

Thanks for the reply. 

Do you put it where it is visible in some kind of doc pouch envelope or something?

I was reading the Hunting Guidelines, & it said it should be in the middle of your back.

Just wandering how you attach it...

My license is always hooked to my backpack so I can be versatile with whatever outerwear the weather requires.

I tag my deer using a ziptie. Punch a hole in the ear, roll up the tag and stuff it in the ear canal.

Same here, in both cases.

I'm always wearing the pack when I'm moving, and no way am I going to intentionally poke holes through my rain gear. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Back tag is attached to the back of jacket/coat.

Deer tag one of 2 ways:

Attached with string through a slit in the ear and tucked into ear.

Or

If the deer is going to be mounted, I don't want to slit ear, so I just tie it really tight to the antler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mines attached to my pack, in one of the holders. My tags are inside my bag so they can't rip off or get lost. Your back tag can be replaced but not your carcas tags.

I keep the deer tags separate from my back tag. I have pen and zip ties in Baggie with the deer tags
  • Like 1

Okay, it's the law. I get it! Displaying a back tag is so very antiquated and useless on so many levels. Hopefully NYS catches up with the other states that have already transitioned to a license to be carried on your person & done away with the back tag requirement.

• Like 2

Well DEC tells you to put it visibly in the center of your back, but i think its funny they make you pay for these back tags and then you have to ruin your gear (expensive waterproof jacket) by punching holes through it ?  <_< its also a whole lot easier to put in you pocket so when a DEC Officer asks you for your licence you don't have to take your jacket off to get out of the Back Tag.

Edited by Mossberg500Guy
  • Like 1

i might be wrong here but i think you by law are supposed to display tag on back but i dont think it says weather its on your coat or pack but when you get to stand and take your pack off you are no longer within the law also there is a pict in the hand book that shows how to tag a deer