2015 Shopping List

Five Seasons

Same, nothing. I even stopped at Cabelas in Hartford on my way home from Boston a couple of weeks ago and didn't buy 1 thing in there. First time I ever made it though without buying something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

I'm in the market for a new gun rest..I've used a pair of Stony Point shooting sticks for years, but their usefulness is limited and they are about whipped..Got 'em held together now with duct tape.. I'll probably invest in a good set from Primos or Bog Pod, but I haven't decided which one to get yet..

We'll see after my daughter goes out with me for the first-time - if she decides its not for her then that saves my wallet.  Otherwise will need to gear her up for some cold and damp weather, and vest designed for a more feminine figure. 

Her goal is pheasants- she already helps to plunk them and loves to eat them.

• Like 2

I got some neat things...

Fresh broadheads, new harness (still need to order), extinguisher deer call (we will see how well it works, trying to cut down on bulk for public land hunts deep in woods. It does the job of a traditional grunt and a bleat can and only takes up the space of a grunt call), a lightweight set of inexpensive camo coveralls to wear once I get to my tree after long public land treks in shorts and a t-shirt (October).

I am most excited about these though:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/cottonwood-outdoors-weathershield-side-accessory-bags?a=1342956

This year's goal is to go ultralight weight for climber hunts. Also bought some things I already had but am tired of moving from pack to pack, or even worse...forgetting! 

With those side accessory bags and less bulky equipment, I will no longer need to carry a pack on my back along with the climber. 

I also picked up 3 sets of underarmor long underwear for a good deal mid-summer. These aren't just for hunting so they theoretically don't count. 

Edited by NeverSeenNorHeard

The usual:  Some new broadheads not sure which ones yet.  Some type of 2 blade expandable as they seem to shoot the best for me.

Possibly another set of boots.  Always like to try some new rain gear as I pretty much love the bad weather hunting.  Waterproof gloves or just another pair as back up for wet weather. 

I picked up some Nocturnal lighted nocks, extra 100 gr Muzzy's just because, one of the lights you hook on your cap, another set of base layers with silvertec, and another trail camera. Not sure what else, but think I'm set for this week anyways.

Ha that reminds me that I bought some too. A used harmonic stabilizer lite for my Mathews too.

I'd really like some warm weather muck boots but the price is steep.

I keep tinkering with the idea of switching over to a thumb release but last two years in a roll, I forget to buy one and by the time the season nears, I figure I wouldn't have enough time to practice with it and pass up on getting one. I guess I'll throw that into my 2016 wish list then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Elmo

Everything is on my list as I own nothing other than a shotgun and a knife, so I need at least boots, binoculars, pants, shirt, hat, headlamps, rope, backpack. And a bunch of other stuff!

It's completely possible to hunt with only the shotgun and knife and be very successful.  The boots are probably the most important one on your list there, don't skimp on them. 

• Like 2