Interested in a Cell Cam?

phade

I get a ton of PMs, texts, and emails about cell cams.

I have been working with and on cell cams for several years now. The curve is getting to more user-friendly cell cams, but the cost of entry is going up with MSRPs between $399 and some at $500. A lot of people want to try it, but are intimidated by the price and/or knowledge needed to set up and run these cams.

If you an established forum member and are interested in dipping your toes into the water with a cell cam, please PM me your email address. I have a line on a cell cam that will meet most anyone's needs and the cost is less than half of mass market cams' MSRP today. This opportunity came about based on my knowledge of cell cams and also, as I hope many people here are familiar with, "through a guy I know." It is not a get rich scheme or anything, but passing along a deal, as I have to other forum members in the past.

Actual text pic from my wife's dog grooming room this morning...

post-575-0-18839100-1441802415_thumb.jpg

Edited by phade
  • Like 2

Very pleased with mine so far, thanks for the hook up Phade!  It's been on the apple tree in the back yard the past few days getting good pics and is going out to the hunting grounds today. I'm really impressed so far!

post-1538-0-71563300-1443210144_thumb.jp

Edited by mt624
  • Like 2

What is the average cost to operate one of these per year?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Right now I have it setup to get a limit of 200 texts per month for $5.  You can renew as many months as you want.  There is a 1000 text per month package for $10.  These are the prepaid AT&T plans and are subject to change I guess, but have been around for a while.  Then some batteries.  So basically for $60 plus batteries you can run it the entire year if you want.

• Like 3

Right now I have it setup to get a limit of 200 texts per month for $5. You can renew as many months as you want. There is a 1000 text per month package for $10. These are the prepaid AT&T plans and are subject to change I guess, but have been around for a while. Then some batteries. So basically for $60 plus batteries you can run it the entire year if you want.

Ah that's not too terrible

Got one of these cams from Phade, honestly for the price how can you not try it? I initially had some issues but they were all user and incorrect SIM card related. Once I got things straightened out (thanks Phade) it was put out for use. It's been out since Monday afternoon and is working fine. It's in a pretty low traffic area near a bedding corridor where I'm trying target one buck. I've only received a couple pics so far but I'm hoping things will warm up shortly. Here is the first pic I got. I have since adjusted the camera angle and height to utilize the flash appropriately. As with any new camera, there is always a small learning curve. Once I get this camera figured out completely it's going to be super useful. I would recommend trying it if you're at all interested in a cell cam. Phade was a pleasure to deal with and very helpful when I had setup issues.

D8E4B4E1-88AF-47C8-82BA-A62688800A19_zps

Chiefbkt

• Like 1

post-1538-0-15286000-1443707819_thumb.jp

Camera is working great, here's a better picture of the buck I posted earlier I got off the card before I moved the camera.  It was cool getting a sense of movement the past few days with weather as conditions changed - One of the things I like most about the cell cams.  Having a couple of them now, it's interesting how they both send more pictures and drop off in sync with the weather.  Hard to feel confident that's the cause with just one cam, unless you were to go back through and compare to a non cellular history which I don't really want to take the time to do.  Getting it almost real time to the phone is great, and a heck of a lot easier and less intrusive than going and pulling cards every few weeks.

Edited by mt624

attachicon.gifIMAG0182-001.JPG

Camera is working great, here's a better picture of the buck I posted earlier I got off the card before I moved the camera. It was cool getting a sense of movement the past few days with weather as conditions changed - One of the things I like most about the cell cams. Having a couple of them now, it's interesting how they both send more pictures and drop off in sync with the weather. Hard to feel confident that's the cause with just one cam, unless you were to go back through and compare to a non cellular history which I don't really want to take the time to do. Getting it almost real time to the phone is great, and a heck of a lot easier and less intrusive than going and pulling cards every few weeks.

Whats the part about dropping out of sync? Maybe I haven't had enough coffee but could you please elaborate as I'm definitely considering a cell cam and this would be my first.

Whats the part about dropping out of sync? Maybe I haven't had enough coffee but could you please elaborate as I'm definitely considering a cell cam and this would be my first.

Pretty sure he's not talking about the camera, but deer movements vs. weather conditions, instead.

That pic shows how bucks get as big and old as they do...by showing up at night!

Edited by phade

Yes, I was talking about how the movement fluctuates and it is much easier (for me at least) to pick up on that with the cell cams vs. Comparing card pulls and looking back on weather history.

Gotcha gotcha. Well I placed my order now here's hoping it can help me nail down the monster 10 I have been after since he was a puny little deer ages ago